Recent Updates

Cinematic Scenarios » Waves of Carnage Trailer

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Waves of Carnage Trailer

Author File Description
Davidx123
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Mysterious sails rise over the western sea.
Reports of man with eagle head spreads around the continent of Ranor.

and then, one day, an Invasion force lands in Amiria's western shores...

but it's not a conquest, but rather a re-conquest.

A small cinematic Scenario, a trailer for an upcoming Campaign of mine.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
panel
Official Reviewer
I have moved the file to the Cinematic Scenarios category.

Blacksmith moderator
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
You forgot to upload a sound, since there is a play sound effect with a nothing sound.

BTW, i will likely review it soon.

[Edited on 04/10/12 @ 11:07 AM]

Davidx123
File Author
I know about the sound File, I don't know about the Copyright policy around here, and the file is from skyrim.
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
Don't worry, many people (including me) are just uploading the sounds.

Also, one tip, if you want to make longer cutscenes, it would be a good idea to use the "Activate Trigger" effect, because i see that all the triggers you made have the starting state on.

Put the starting state to off, and in the previous trigger make an "Activate Trigger" effect for the next trigger. So you don't need to make the timers so long to fit for the cutscene ;)
Davidx123
File Author
I am kinda new to all this stuff, So I try to make it as simple as possible, but thanks for the advice.
Dead_End
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Pacing4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
I found the file to be a good, though rather short, depiction of a foreign invasion. The scenario was kept simple and (as dragonslayermcmx pointed out earlier) the scenario lacks soundeffects and music. It is my opinion that such extras would only add to the atmosphere. Overall I enjoyed watching the cinematic.

Balance: 3
The transition between the different scenes could have been smoother. At a certain point the game showed a burning, supposedly pillaged, village without any looters. It took the barbarians some time to actually show up and start their fight with the guards.
The author used Player One as the owner of units and buildings coming under attack. This was very distracting.

Creativity: 4
Although a similar background story has been used countless times already, I found it quite well executed. The scenario showed a couple of battles, most of which were entertaining to watch.

Map Design: 3
The overall map design was bland and could really use some more detail. Large patches of 'Grass 1' gave me the feeling that the file was far from finished.

Story/Instructions: 4
The instructions showed a quick introduction which was an interesting read. It made me quite curious about the rest of the scenario.
It also showed some basic information about the preferred settings, which were a bit confusing. Both the gameplay speed and the resolution should be set to 'normal'. As the native resolution differs for most users, I found this lacking detail. An exact resolution would have been better.

Additional Comments:
Waves of Carnage is an excellent start for a project. I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Pacing4.0
Creativity4.0