Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Strategy
Number of scenarios: 6
King Alexander (44 KB)
------------------------
For The Conquerors Expansion
----------------------------
The Second Of The Story Of Alexander
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Dead_End I'd wish you would focus more on one project instead of the seven(!) works you have submitted the last couple of weeks. Try improving your 'old' scenarios before uploading new ones.
Bedo Salama
File Author
Please, I Want To Know If I Can Delete A File, Also What's About The Campaign?
Dead_End You cannot delete a file, but you can ask one of the Blacksmith staff to do it for you. About the file, I played through the first couple of scenarios and it really felt like the map were unfinished. The prologue for instance had a warning in the instructions stating that the player should not reveal the map with cheats as this would ruin the game. Being my curious self, I of course proceeded to reveal the map, only to find that there was no mapdesign whatsoever. It was just one stretch of road in the middle of a grass plain. I understand that you want to proceed with the storyline and such, but you have to consider the 'fun-factor' for the player as well. Some of your scenarios are better than others, but overall I'd say that most are utterly unfinished.

As mentioned before I recommend playing some of the higher-rated campaigns in the Blacksmith and visiting the scenario design forums. That should have a positive effect on your designskills.
Bedo Salama
File Author
Play Part One Now, But, Download It First On The Link : http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11352
Bedo Salama
File Author
I Have Uploaded (King Alexander III) Today Morning (Approximation 16:00 (Local Time)) And It Will Be Available After A Small Period (Now 21:28(Local Time)).

Also,What For The Three (King Alexander) Campaigns In A Golden Edition Tomorrow.
Dead_End Bedo Salama, please check your email.

- Blacksmith Administrator
devagrawal09
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 1
I did not find this campaign interesting. It was a little boring. I would say that the first part was more interesting than this. Out of 6 scenarios in this game, 1 was prologue and one was outro. The rest 4 scenarios were not much entertaining. In one, the objective was only to collect some gold and click on a ship. It was not difficult at all. In the second, there was a battle, which was very easy to win, as player 1 had a lot of resources, military buildings and all the techs researched. In the next, only moving Alexander from one place to another, without any difficulty, was boring. And then killing Alexander with 2 units, with no one to stop or kill you, was also very easy but boring.
In the instructions you had told not to reveal map, but as it was a little confusing, I used it, and found the map made up of large empty spaces, and long paths to follow. It was a lot boring.

Balance: 1
Winning was very easy as there was no balance in this campaign between two players. Player 1 stared in Post-Imperial age in every scenario, except in the second scenario, in which there was no enemy to fight with. In the scenario with the battle, as mentioned earlier, was also very easy as the enemy only had some paladins and two stables. In the other scenarios, either no enemy was there or they had nothing to fight with.

Creativity: 2
I could not find this campaign much creative, as the heroes were just had edited names from other heroes. However, in some of the scenarios, I found some creative objects. I also found that the author liked to use triggers. So I've given a 2.

Map Design: 1
The Map design was not very impressive. The map consisted nothing but large blank spaces. In the second scenario, there were just a large no. of villagers, houses and farms. Nothing extra. In the third scenario, however, there were a lot of buildings, walls, units and villagers. That was something that attracted me a little bit. In the rest maps, there were nothing but walls, gates and some heroes. The player had to travel huge distances, leading to boredom. It did not impress me.

Story/Instructions: 2
If we talk about the story, it was a little confusing and difficult to understand.
The instructions given in the middle of the game were clear and good. But they were very difficult to follow, as a lot of instructions were displayed at once.

Additional Comments:
I would suggest you to play some of the high-rated campaigns and scenarios to understand the use of the scenario builder. Also, I would suggest to download the campaign manager and see how the scenarios of the high rated campaigns, and those which are pre-installed in the game, are made. It will help you a lot.
Thank You.
tgspy
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity1.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Playability: 1
For me, this campaign was nothing but boring. There is no large scale attacks, no base building and no real anything. The only missions where you actually attacked people were unbalanced to the point of ridiculous. The rest of the parts were so short that at times all you had to do was click a guy or a castle and you won.

Balance: 1
There is little balancing done, on any scenario for any side. You start in the Imperial age for nearly every playable scenario, and the enemy only has a few units. Some scenarios didn't even feature an enemy.

Creativity: 1
Not much to say in the way of creativity, it was very much lacking.

Map Design: 1
The map design could have been drastically improved. The use of a singular type of grass 1 or snow grass with some roads painted out does not look very appealing. Also when there was attempts at making it look nice, it feel short of doing anything more than attracting your eyes away from the mission itself.

Story/Instructions: 1
The story itself was pretty lacking, and I couldn't understand it at times, as it was very garbled and confusing. The instructions were also very poor, with grammar and spelling mistakes gallor. They

Additional Comments:
Perhaps focus on one scenario or campaign at a time instead of focusing on multiple. And perhaps take a look at some other peoples work and get a feel of how a great scenario would work out

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity1.5