Download File Post Review Post Comment

ESRC12_La Noche Triste

Author File Description
Sarn
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
Screenshot:
This scenario is a remake of the events of the ES scenario "La Noche Triste" from the Montezuma campaign. The scenario is based on the actual La Noche Triste that ES did a poor job recreating. I have endeavored to maintain as much historical accuracy as I can, from the map design to the storyline, taking a little artistic liberty in some of the specific tasks, but the towns are actual towns, the names are all actual Nahautl/Aztec names, the layout of the city is accurate (as far as is possible with AoK), and the major events of the story follow the historical account.

Installation instructions are included in a readme. I hope you enjoy it and please leave any feedback you have.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
SoverignSythius The city actually feels like it is in fact a city. Very nice. :D
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
Hi there.
I've completed the three town quests. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be an objective for me to complete. Only thing I can think of is that the orange guy said something about ruins in the northwest, but I went there and there was only a bunch of wolves. Give a clue?
Sarn
File Author
I probably should have been more clear: that quest is northwest of the village, not the map. It should be just across the road in the jungle.
shieldwolf23 Hi Sarn! Started playing it. And like Sythius, I commend you in making a realistic layout of the city of Tenochtitlan. I am halfway through it, although some initial comments:

1- Maybe further proof-read the history section. I have seen a few grammatical errors and in one occasion, you have mentioned 1920 instead of a much earlier century. :)

2 - Maybe give the directions based on how the player sees the map, it'll be more helpful. For example, I was searching for south (relative to the diamond-shaped mini-map), I met a dead-end. It's almost 1.30AM here where I am, so I hope to continue playing the scen tomorrow.
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
I completed the northwest ruins quest ( twice, selecting both jaguar and eagle warrior ). However, the orange chief isn't responding. I think it's because my men are janissaries now instead of eagle warrior?
Sarn
File Author
A few people have mentioned encountering issues regarding the jannisaries. I should have made it clearer that you you are supposed to return to eagle warriors after defeating the Spaniards in Tlacopan. Once judging is completed, I will be releasing an updated version that clarifies this, as well as making a few other updates.
Leif Ericson
Staff
I think Jatayu's problem is actually related to a trigger bug. If the player has a fishing ship, then it affects any triggers that check to see if you have zero civilians left. The trigger won't fire until the fishing ship is deleted.
Sarn
File Author
I'll have to look into that. I don't recall my triggers being structured in such a way that that would prevent it from firing the trigger he described, but that may be the case.
panel
Official Reviewer
I want to review this, but have also encountered an error at the Tlacopan quest, with the jannisaries, that doesn't allow me to go futher. First off, there seems to be a problem with the triggers when you reach the trade workshop (gunpowder storage). If you reach it with Cuahtemoc first, he disappears, and you get a game over message, as if he were dead. If you bring all three eagle warriors there, they turn into the jannisaries, but the objectives don't update themselves. I can't figure out what to do - I tried destroying all the spanish units in Tlacopan but I still get nothing.

It might be worth mentioning that I have completed the other villages' quests and Tlacopan was the last one.
Jacpc So...What i'm supposed to do after killing the spaniards with the Janissaries in Tlacopan?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:468
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:14.98 MB
Added:08/12/12