Single Player Scenarios » The Black Ship

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Black Ship

Author File Description
RealZeroEmpires
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Fixed Force
A captain and his crew get caught foul of The Black Ship, fortunately for the Captain he manages to make it to land afloat a piece of driftwood. After exploring the island he discovers that he is not alone, a dark force is attracting monsters from the surrounding areas; he must fight for survival and eliminate the dark force!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
panel
Official Reviewer
That's definitely the *real* Zeroempires right there. Welcome to the Blacksmith mate. Funny game too.
VenGalen
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 4
Very good playability, but would have been better if you will place more options, Such as hiring other mercenaries. And then only had to wait to come out and killed enemies, and would destroy the pyramid after.

Balance: 4
The balance is somewhat uneven, soldiers had strong against numerous enemies, this part is very good. but in the battle against'''' The Black Ship was very simple, and you do not have to do anything, just keep throwing storms.

Creativity: 3
Creativity ... was not perfect, as many have used the system of choice with relics, but still has a lot of creativity in history.

Map Design: 3
I think you're missing a little polish the map, putting on more pieces of Gaia, and the sea is missing something

Story/Instructions: 4
The story is very short in my opinion, and I miss place, tracks something perhaps a brief introduction in the Explorer section

Additional Comments:
Removing small errors, and considering what has been uploaded to AOKH lately, is the best season to be uploaded to the blacksmith, from ''The susesor act 1''. Keep designing, you have a great talent.

[Edited on 08/23/12 @ 06:00 PM]

RealZeroEmpires
File Author
The name ZeroEmpires was already taken when I tried to sign up :S No Idea why! So I made sure I was the "Real" one haha :P
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
The Black Ship, by the AoC Commentator and Spectator ZeroEmpires (The Real One :P) is a small scenario on a 40x40 map, that lets the player step into the shoes of the Captain of the Dark Raven, a ship that gets caught in a storm, and then beeing destroyed by the Mysterious "Black Ship". The Captain is the only survivor, who soon finds himself surrounded by evil mysterious creatures. He has to fight his way out.

Playability:
The Scenario was very well playable, there were no bugs to be found. Even though the gameplay is quite often seen in other scenarios, it was a lot of fun, and always kept the player busy. Although some elements are missing, and with the time it gets a little boring, wich lowers the replay value. 3

Balance:
The Game is rediculously hard, but beatable. Usually it needs at least 4-5 tries, but the fact that noone probalbly thinks about saving the game, and has to restart multiple times, lets the players get bored quickly, wich lowers playability. After the hard main part, there comes the part where you need to destroy the enemies ship, which is rediculously easy, the player can just sit back and watch. 3-

Creativity: This is probably the highlight of the scenario. First of all, there is some very good voice acting, combined with good music to give a lifelike atmosphere to the scenario. The upgrade shop was very well done too. There where some nice secrets on the island to find as well. The storms that the Black Ship Summoned are not really that effective though. 4+

Map Design: The Map is very well designed, although in some places it lacks a few detail. There is good use of eyecandy, but in most places, especially in the water there was no terrain mixing, just pure areas of one single type of terrain. 4-

Story/Instructions: There was a good story, and some Good Voice acting, but somehow it needed a bit more background. There was no infomation about the Main Character at all, neither was there anything to know about the Black Ship or the Dark Forces. There was one single hint to help you in the game, and i think there could have been a little bit more of a detailed help. The Instructions worked fine though, and the dialoge went well. 3+

Additional Comments:

Despite a few negatives, this scenario is well designed, and the Author definetly took a lot of effort! Its not a must download, and its not that amazing, but its surely worth the download.

Some Good work there Zero, keep em coming! :)

-Dragon(slayer)mcmx ;)

Mathyis the senario is good but when i'm about to win the game crashes.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.5
Balance3.5
Creativity3.5