Download File Post Review Post Comment

Cortez Campaign

Author File Description
SandowIsGod
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Build and Destroy
Number of scenarios: 2
My first custom campaign, it's aboyt Cortez's invasion on Aztecs and Mayans. Contains only 2 scanrios, but 2 good ones.

SOMETIMES ENEMYS WANT TO BE ALLY WITH YOU, IGNORE THAT AND RESTART THE SCANRIO, SORRY.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Dead_End I have removed the duplicate submission of this work. Please refrain from uploading the same file twice in the future. If you have any questions concerning the status of your file feel free to email the Blacksmith staff.

- Blacksmith Administrator

[Edited on 12/22/12 @ 12:13 PM]

bestchampion if you play the scenario in standard game and click lock teams they wouldn't want to be allies
bestchampion
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance2.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 5
I thought it was an interesting yet unfair people who are new to aoe or aoc might not be able to beat it when starting with little resources but otherwise I had a fun time playing it

Balance: 2
The reason I gave you a 2 was because the Aztec and Mayan armies,economy and, overall was much better in the beginning

Creativity: 5
I thought the idea was fantastic I myself also did a campaign like this just the other way around even though mine wasn't finished because of "technical difficulties"

Map Design: 5
It looks like you put a ton of effort in trying to make it look good and if you keep it up who knows what can happen in the aoe or aoc community

Story/Instructions: 3
It just wasn't enough information people would like to know more but I gave you a 3 because of your hard work in the hints

Additional Comments:
keep up the good work:-)

[Edited on 12/27/12 @ 12:37 AM]

AOFERedsting
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 4
The Campaign did offer a good all-round playability, all though it did not give any particular challenge to the player. And I think I found a trigger bug. In the 2nd scenario, Cortéz did die, but nothing happened.

Balance: 4
It was good in balance, but considering there's a human who's gonna be playing, it wasn't that challenging. Also, in the beginning of the second scenario I could just run past the attackers with my villagers and do nearly all the job with them from my TC.

Creativity: 2
The objectives were just plain straight forward objectives. I did not find any of them creative as they have been used multiple times in official and community scenarios before.

Map Design: 3+
The maps were good, but lacked elevation and the maps were pretty much just jungle filling in most of the map. The small areas you could play on were small passages or already occupied area. The space around Tenochtitlan could have been used more effectively if it were possible to enter there.

Story/Instructions: 2+
The instructions were just around two lines per scenario. One telling what the mission objective is and one to tell you not letting Cortéz die. There weren't any history added which could have been done and almost should be obligatory on Cortéz scenarios, because of the bloody history of that conquistador. There were some hints, but those weren't really.. helpful.

Additional Comments:
Work on your design and your triggering and you could make a longer campaign :)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.5