Zhu Qizhen Campaign

Author File Description
SandowIsGod
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
Number of scenarios: 2
Hello!

My second campaign. This time, you'll be playing as Chinese Emporeor, Zhu Qizhen. Expect Unexpected!

Check out my other Campaigns!

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11580 - Cortez Campaign

IMPORTANT: Sometimes, your enemies will want to be ally's with you. Just ignore that.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
ViolenceM3chaos
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Playability: 4
I thought it was quite easy to play but the enemy does have a large advantage against you overall it was quite fun.

Balance: 2
I'm disappointed by the lack of fairness you'll get in the campaign so this is why you get a 2. The enemy has several castles and towers to protect them in both of the campaigns. It's very unfair the enemy has such high protection and you have a weak protected town. It was much fairer in the first scenario.

Creativity: 4
I thought the idea of a Chinese campaign on Zhu Qizhen was fantastic! Though it was only two scenarios in overall it was great.

Map Design: 3
The map design was good, but you did just spam bamboo everywhere so that lowered your rating, in overall it was good.

Story/Instructions: 1
The instructions were very disappointing along with the story. The instructions were very brief saying something very simple. The hints were as bad as the instructions. The hints would either be blank or saying. "There is no point in..." The story... there was no story! No history but there was an aftermath but it either says, "You win" or "umm try again?" You need to improve in this section in the future.

Additional Comments:
Another thing is in the first scenario Zhu Qizhen is your enemy, why is he an enemy? You'll also need to correct some spelling errors.
tgspy
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Playability: 1
The first scenario was honestly a little boring. Having to cart my 30 units across enemy waters in transport ships that can only hold 5 units made me give up on the first scenario. The second scenario was a little bit better, however, the lack of ai made them rather cheaty, and within a few minutes of my wonder being built, they already had two handed swordsmen and trebuchets attacking my base. The unfairness of the enemy teams also made the play time a lot less enjoyable.

Balance: 1
As mentioned above, the enemy started out with mass numbers of troops, especially in the first scenario, where you had your small, weak army facing off against hordes of superior opponents.

Creativity: 2
The idea sounds good in theory, almost like a ES campaign, but the way it was used is less interesting. A lack of triggers or really anything special made it a bit bland.

Map Design: 3
The map seems mostly fine, but the placement of bamboo suggests that this was very quickly rushed. The use of cliffs was good, even if it was a little generic and repetitive. Otherwise, some more work on terrain mixing besides using bamboo would have been good, and maybe the addition of some more GAIA objects.

Story/Instructions: 1
There was no story to either of these scenarios, the instructions were incredibly simplistic "Bring the trade cart to this guy", "Build A wonder", and some minor grammar and spelling mistakes here and there.

Additional Comments:
Perhaps as a suggestion, go have a look at some other popular scenarios and see how they make them, maybe you can learn a bit. I would hold off any more scenarios if I was you until I improved my skills a bit more.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.5
Balance2.0
Creativity3.0