Mod Packs » Crbenne's Palisade Fort

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Crbenne's Palisade Fort

Author File Description
todler
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
This Modpack replaces the middle eastern castle with a palisade fort, made by Crbenne. I just added some player colors. The slp and the bmp are included also. You're free to use it in your mods.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Kakashimoto I think it's not a bad idea, something like a dark age castle or a castle for the uncivilzed villages! I might use it in a scenario if you don't mind, of course I'm going to mention you in the credits.
Jetkill Fastmurder
(id: Mayank Sharma)
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.0
Crbenne's Palisade Fort replaces all the Middle Eastern castles with a unique castle shown in the screenshot on this page.

Usefulness/Novelty: 4
The new castle looks quite original and I'm fairly sure that I have seen none of its kind before. The castle can be used as eye candy and in certain scenarios. I cannot see further use beyond that but it should be noted the author designed it for that purpose only. The author has also provided slp* files along with the mod if any user wishes not to replace the middle-eastern castle but something else, which increases its usefulness.

Quality/Instructions: 4
The quality of the fort is quite good, but it looks unrealistic in certain areas. The anchors for the top right corner are not set correctly and units can cross over it. Also the shadows for the original castle are not removed, so they look very unrealistic with the new graphics.
Unfortunately I could not find any instructions on how to use the mod and although most people do already know howto use them, it would be nice if you provided some instructions on how to use the mod and the slp* files.

Additional Comments:
A good mod if the mistakes are corrected. Recommended for download.

*slp - SLP files are the graphic files which can be used to replace some other unit instead of the Middle-Eastern castle.
todler
File Author
Absolutely, you can use it. I'll be glad to see it in scenarios. Credit Crbenne too. Also tell me, if you have ideas for improving it. I can add some parts from the other dark age buildings.
Btw which building you prefer to replace, maybe the accursed tower?
Kakashimoto Accursed tower and the tower of flies are almost a like, apart from the stats. You should change one so they'd be different. Also, what do you use for modding? I'd like to try out modding, haha.
crbenne Yippee Skippee!:) (because this got posted)

[Edited on 02/15/13 @ 10:00 PM]

Jan dc
(id: Den cekke)
Nice looking fort. One remark though the west side palisade should be dark instead of light. Other than that it's a very good graphic.
crbenne How do you get rid of the background on the bitmaps?
todler
File Author
Thank you Den cekke and Mayan Sharma, i'll fix the shading and i'll make a new shadow.
Sorry guys, i always forgot to add instructions :).
To edit and make images i use paint and photoshop, i save them in bmp format, after that i convert them to AOE2 pallete and insert them in a new slp with turtle pack(to get rid of the outline). To add the new slp in the game, you can use the drs editor in turtle pack, just replace any of the old slps.
I'm with XP and i use Modpack studio, but it doesn't run on Win 7, so you need to use turtle pack, which is very good and usefull tool :).
Tpojat where i must put palisade fort file?
panel
Official Reviewer
please don't double post the same message.

You will need the program Mod Pack Studio to install .akx files, if I remember correctly,
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.0