Download File Post Review Post Comment

La Hire

Author File Description
devagrawal09
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Build and Destroy
Number of scenarios: 4
In this campaign, Mayans attack the Aztec empire and conquered it. La Hire goes to Huns to ask for help. He helps them and gets help from them. To know what happened after that, download this!!!!
This is an excellent campaign. It has interesting scenarios.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
AOFERedsting I read the description and was like: "wat.." Mindblown
AOFERedsting but then I tried it.. notsomindblown
Kakashimoto You've could of renamed the main character and civilisation names, because as someone already pointed out, the story was confusing and inaccurate.
devagrawal09
File Author
Oh, its not a real story. Its just a small story i've made and not real. Its fake. Just focus on completing it and enjoying it. The campaigns are awesome.
devagrawal09
File Author
The main advantage is that i have ticked the Full Tech Tree, i.e., there are no limitations of techs, units or buildings. You have access to everything( but not in the 2nd scenario).
Dead_End
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance2.0
Creativity1.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions3.0
PLAYABILITY: 1
This campaign did not prove to be very entertaining. The scenarios were all slightly modified random maps and the gameplay (with the exception of the final scenario) was very reminiscent of the standard games. This meant building up an army and destroying either a specific or simply all enemy units. I did encounter a slight bit of lag in the massive battle of the final scenario.

BALANCE: 2
The modified random maps retained the generated balance. The player was usually given a few heroes which tipped the balance in his favor.
The final battle contained massive numbers of troops on both sides. But as the file lacked a proper AI, I was able to pick them off one at the time.

CREATIVITY: 1
I would not describe the file as being creative at all. The objectives were standard and often felt more like a chore than they were entertaining.

MAP DESIGN: 1
As mentioned earlier, the scenarios were slightly edited random maps. The few renamed units often carried names of other vanilla game heroes, something I felt to be disappointing. As such I believe this is the only applicable mark.

STORY / INSTRUCTIONS: 3
This is the part where the file excelled. The author came up with a promising story, which unfortunately was hindered by the lack of unique characters.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
The story was quite promising and can easily be expanded. It is my opinion that lack of proper map design and the absence of unique names prevented the file from reaching its full potential. I advise the author to play some of the higher rated files in the Blacksmith and to spend some time designing an actual map. Additionally, it would probably be in his best interest to visit the scenario design section of the forums for help with future projects.
devagrawal09
File Author
Thanks for the advice. I am new to aok heaven. But now I will make sure that I experience more and then make new files. Please Try some more files I've submitted - Battle Chess and Adventure of Harald Hardraade.
Dead_End Please check your email about the Battlechess submission.
CuriousUserX50 Does anyone know how to send custom campaigns to other people? I'm just needing help. I want to send my extracted campaigns to Mr.Danish77 (maybe with a thumb drive).
Dead_End CuriousUserX50, please use the forums for such requests instead of commenting on a non-related file.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance2.0