The Successor - Act Two: Initiation

Author File Description
panel
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
Number of scenarios: 2
Screenshot:

*** This scenario received the awards for Best Gameplay, Best Story, Best Score and was named "Release of the year" in the AOKH Game of the Year Awards of 2013 ***

It was the year 1369. Four years had passed since Krall, formerly known as The Successor, had been crowned as king of Ravenia in the never-ending cheers of Kron citizens, after the demise of the evil Fanarian governor Willan. However, only half of his father's land was now free from invaders and war. The other half of Ravenia, the Sylvanian province, was still under Tugai dominion and Sylvanians suffered every day at the hands of the brutal barbarians from the steppes...

INSTALLATION
VERY IMPORTANT: To experience the game as it was meant to be played, make sure you have the files from Act One in your installed folder, because the sound files found there are used extensively in this second installment. They are very important, especially for the cinematic moments, so please take the time to include them! You'll find act one available for download >>>HERE<<<

In order to install Act Two, copy the .cpx file in the campaign folder of your Age of Empires II the Conquerors root folder, and the sound files in the sound/scenario folder.

The recommended settings for playing this game are: a resolution of at least 1024x768, normal speed, music off. Using other settings might ruin the game experience. While playing, make sure you always have "chat to everyone" selected in the taunts section. It is vital for the taunt-based moves to work later in the game.

FEATURES
1) A much stronger emphasis on the RPG aspect. You'll control one unit most of the time, improving his skills, stats and equipment throughout the game. In addition to that, the usual fixed force battles, puzzles, etc.
2) The game contains two scenarios. The first is playable and the second is a cinematic. The total gameplay time is over 6 hours (probably a lot more depnding on how much you enjoy exploring). There are around 1900 triggers in total.
3) A huge map featuring improved map design compared to Act One, including an updated and playable version of the city of Hansbrok (rated 4.7).
4) A storyline that builds up on the First Act and sets the stage for the Final one. Old and new characters, non-linear narrative with lots of twists and turns, lots of cutscenes.
5) Tons of side features and easter eggs. Remarkable interactivity (for AOK standards) in terms of character improvement: improving stats through exploration and quests, economy system, levelling up that changes character's appearance/equipment, learning useful skills and special moves. Almost every single NPC in the game (there's lots of them) will talk to you.
6) An extensive and immersive soundtrack in the vein of the previous Act.

CREDITS are to be found in the readme file. A special thank you goes to Excelsior, Shieldwolf23 and Khan Ivayl, for their contribution to shaping the game, and to Blackforest Studios for their support and for being awesome in general.

Thanks for downloading. Please comment and review, I am always looking for feedback :)

UPDATED 31.03.2013 fixing some bugs and balance issues. Related to the change view bug - there's nothing I can do about it, your best bet is to reload and try again, close all other applications running in the background or play on a more contemporary machine. With a pentium I3 processor and 4gb of RAM, I've never encountered any crashes while testing. Can't guarantee for anything lower than that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
panel
Official Reviewer
File Author
by the way... it would be great if people refrained to post any spoilers about the story , as I'll probably moderate them ;) it wouldn't be nice to spoil it for other people.
Mithril Knight IT'S HERE!!!!!
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
I'm having trouble opening the file. When I use either WinZip, 7zip or WinRar, it tells me the archive is invalid. :(
panel
Official Reviewer
File Author
I tried it out and didn't encounter any problems, but I re-archived and reuploaded anyway. Let me know if it works.
Dead_End No issues here.
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
It's working now after the update. :)
Julius999
Official Reviewer
Crashes for me a few seconds after the message telling me the difficulty level. The crash happens on hard difficulty, but not on moderate.

[Edited on 03/13/13 @ 05:18 PM]

HockeySam18
Staff
Official Reviewer
Yes! *downloads*

Expect a thorough review soon!
panel
Official Reviewer
File Author
@ Julius: Thanks for letting me know, I've updated and it should be working just fine now.

@Sam: It would be much appreciated, but if you want to try out the hard difficulty I suggest that you redownload ;)

[Edited on 03/14/13 @ 01:34 AM]

Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
Really Enjoyed the first act. Let's see what this will give me :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.9
Balance4.4