Recent Updates

Mod Packs » Trade Goods, Weapons and Gardens

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Trade Goods, Weapons and Gardens

Author File Description
Charging_Knight
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
I have here, trade goods of various types, weapons and garden patches for use as eye-candy to embellish and enliven your cities and villages. Images come from old city-builder games like Caesar III, Pharaoh, Zeus and Emperor as well as from Stronghold.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/Charging_Knight/byzas1_zps04cb0fa2.png

http://s134.photobucket.com/user/Charging_Knight/media/strongholdtradegoodscene_zpsad7949aa.png.html?sort=3&o=6

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/Charging_Knight/Untitled-1.png

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/Charging_Knight/Untitled_zps5f9f43ac.png

The number of frames for each slp is indicated in the file name so it should be relatively simple to add them to your game. Just copy something like a boulder/rock in AGE3 and then replace graphics and frames with required files.
Images on suggestions how to use these units in-game can be seen in the download.
Tell me how you find it. I am hoping to make this more dynamic in the future by adding them to trade carts such that trade carts will be able to have the goods they carry visible on them to simulate trading missions. I would be happy to talk to you if you can. Email is in profile and please credit me when using these files. Thanks!

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Charging_Knight
File Author
Images in game

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dm7dwkzhw7dryq/byzas1.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ceyv54qnulpyy9i/byzas2.png

[Edited on 11/23/13 @ 02:35 AM]

Mahazona why not try to convert units from those games?
mjl89048 Excellent Eye Candy a 10 in by books.
Just some hints use AGE (AGE 3.5 latest)) and make some changes under the Miscellaneous Section that the HP Bar Height 1* INPUT BOX (0 = Equal ground) has number greater than 0 (mine is 1) and also HP Bar Height 2 * INPUT BOX (0 = Equal ground) greater than 0 (mine is 1) if you do not want to have your units walk over them. I also change the Placement Mode * to 0 (Can be place on other units in the scenario editor) Don't like the Copy and Paste route in the editor. Check the Size Radius, Editor Radius and Selection Radius should a number (Example .5,.5,.5,.5,.5,.5)

I think the trade carts is a excellent idea.

[Edited on 04/12/13 @ 08:23 AM]

Jetkill Fastmurder
(id: Mayank Sharma)
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
"Trade Goods, Weapons and Gardens" by Charging_Knight is a pack of SLPs which contain eye-candy objects converted from other games such as Caesar 3, Stronghold, Zeus, etc.

Usefulness/Novelty: 5

Units, buildings and objects have since long been converted from other games to AOK, but I have to admit that this is the first modpack I have ever seen that combines so many graphics from a variety of games.
However, the usefulness of this mod eclipses its novelty. The different objects are immensely useful in almost all situations. Whether it is about decorating a garden, filling up a market, giving a realistic look to an armory, or creating a realistic construction scene, this mod can be used everywhere!

Quality/Instructions: 5

The quality of almost all graphics is extremely good, and next to nothing is lost in the conversion. Most of the graphics fit in well with the Age of Kings environment, and work towards embellishing it. My only gripe is that the objects from Pharaoh have an unrealistic white flooring. Also the objects from Stronghold and Pharaoh are placed significantly lower than the other objects, which makes them hard to use with objects from other games.
The instructions were clear enough, but could a little more precise and clear. The author has arranged the SLPs according to the games they are taken from, making the user's job significantly easier. The author has also provided PNG files on how to use the objects in-game, again sorted by the game they are taken from.

Additional Comments:

This is by far the most complete and useful eye-candy mod after the 'New Units and New Objects' template by Enrique Orduno. I personally recommend this to anyone who wants to make his scenario a little more filled and realistic. A few suggestions:

Can the flooring for the Pharaoh objects be made transparent? If yes, I would recommend doing so. Also I would suggest going through a little more pain and editing in the objects from Stronghold and Pharaoh on top of an upraised frame like that from Caesar.
Balaaoe Can you give value to advanced genie frame editor, so I'm easy to make it in the form of a new unit. sorry my bad english
Mameluke134 Man this thing are extremely good mod, especially it is from other games, i just want to request you to sumbit an unit from other game. Sorry for my bad english
Rein20 Hello ! I saw yuor mod and I think it looks really awesome. But then I decided to download it and all I got was some files. So I am not sure what to do next and how to install it. Could you perhaps help me ? Also I would like to ask what mods are you using on your game on the scrennshots you have posted ? Thank you so much !
Charging_Knight
File Author
Hey guys, I can advise you, perhaps you could add me to skype (email is the same as my msn messenger email) and introduce yourselves? I could guide you if need be.
nominoe Great mod, I will use this.
But where did you get the wood pontoon and the cows seen on the picture?
I have already seen the pontoon in Age of Chivalery but I would like to find some slp. Thx!
Charging_Knight
File Author
Hey nominoe, the cows were from Forgotten Empires mod, and the pontoon was from Chivalry. Would you like to add me to facebook or skype and we can discuss more? navinkumarpk@hotmail.com is my email.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions4.8