Recent Updates

Showcase Scenarios » PTC13 - Homecoming

Download File Post Review Post Comment

PTC13 - Homecoming

Author File Description
CarolKarine
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
You walk around as Johannes, a young noble returning to his birthplace, only to find it under the bootheel of a changed duke. I am considering continuing with the story (or developing more of one) where you must then free the town from the duke. But I dunno. maybe. I have other projects.

This map is designed to be pretty. that's about it. enjoy!

(This map was created using userpatch, trigger studio, and Julius999's advanced editor)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
panel
Official Reviewer
Rating
Rating: 4.5
"Homecoming" is CarolKarine's entry to the Pretty Town Contest of 2013, which finished second. It is a very nice design, and a visible improvement compared to the author's earlier maps, but there are still things to improve on.

The town itself is very small in size, and the real highlight is the environment surrounding it. The landscape is very nicely designed, with an abundance of gaia objects that are used to good effect, same as elevation and terrain mixing (though the dead farm terrain could've been toned down a little bit if you ask me). The town itself though was a bit of a disappointment compared to the rest of the map, with not many interesting things to behold. The buildings seemed to be placed rather arbitrarily, especially the houses. There was also something like a spring outside the city, to the west, which looked a bit awkward. THe farmlands though made up for it - very nicely done and a very good use of tree stumps there for the water canal, which gave it a pretty unique look (one trick I've never seen before, anyway).

One of the major factors that brought up the atmosphere level for me was the excellent soundtrack (which if I'm not mistaken, is of the author's own composition, and if it's the case he deserves all the more credit for it).

Additional Comments:

This is a very nice map design, and can serve as inspiration to many designers. A definite download.
John the Late I somehow really liked the 4 light cavalries patrolling across the land. That also added to the athmosphere. :p

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:689
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:84.83 MB