Mod Packs » Transparent original fire

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Transparent original fire

Author File Description
korbalb
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
Ever since I first played this game, I've always been disappointed by the fire's aspect, and waited for a patch that would smoothened it.

But nothing..
Thanks to these people around here, using paint and Turtle pack, I made my dream comes true.
I've extracted the slp files from the Forgotten Empires mod, but it's suitable also for the original graphics.drs and other mods.

Just replace the original .slp files with these ones using turtle pack.

Anyone can use this mod freely, just give me proper credits if you use it in your projects.

--korbalb--
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
todler How did you made them?
korbalb
File Author
i made this simple,
- in paint, added a lot of dots of invisible background, of course i made some dots patterns to be more easy and just copy/paste in every bmp frame extracted from every slp with fire.

[Edited on 05/14/13 @ 12:09 PM]

HockeySam18
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Usefulness/Novelty: 5
This mod edits the graphics of the flames that appear on damaged buildings to make them more transparent. For anybody looking to make their experience more realistic, this is a fine addition to the game. It is a new idea that I have not seen attempted before and I applaud the author on his initiative.

Quality/Instructions: 5
The images fit in well with the game and, depending on your perspective, might actually fit better (personally I prefer the vanilla graphics, having played the game since 1998, but to each his own). The author did a great job of editing the flames so as not to make them too different but to still add a touch more realism. The files are provided in .slp form to replace the ones currently in the gamedata.

Additional Comments:
A cool trick that can improve your graphical experience and definitely a recommended download!
korbalb
File Author
Thanks Sam for your review!
Chaperon Thank you Korbalb for this excellent job.

I fully recommend downloading this little mod.
korbalb
File Author
my pleasure Chaperon.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown