Utilities » 1302's Unused Graphics Pack

Download File Post Review Post Comment

1302's Unused Graphics Pack

Author File Description
Jan dc
(id: Den cekke)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c

After all these years I massed a lot completed and half completed graphics but I could never find a use for them. I now realize that I probably will never use them and so decided to share them with you guys. Not all of them are 100% finished but most of them shouldn't be too much work anymore. I only added the things that are near finishing. Use anything you want, you can credit me or not I don't really mind.
There are a lot of styles of buildings so yeah have fun.

Jan

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
John the Late While many graphics are unfinished, as said in the description, there are also many great buildings that can add a lot of versatility to a scenario.

I recommend it to any scenario creator!
Reganknight
(id: Reganknight1597)
Is it to much to ask for screenshots? If you cant then that's ok.
Jan dc
File Author
I can but aren't the 5 in the screenshot enough?
Mike Oxhard
(id: Arnas)
A very useful buildings and graphics recource. Would you mind if I might use it in an enchanted editor mod? (a mod that adds useful buildings and eye candy to the editor), though some will be edited. :)
Jan dc
File Author
Sure I don't mind and of course you can improve them.
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.0
This is a compilation of various modded graphics, 146 in total, of varying (but always solid) quality.

There are a lot of graphics in here that can be quite useful, if you take some time to work on them yourself and expand them, e.g. the various improved palisade walls (palisades stuck in mounds of sand or a foundation of bricks). Others look great on their own and can be used as they are in larger mod packs or custom scenarios. Some of my favourites include the Nordic house on poles (aptly named "Building"), the white church, the water reservoir, and many of the East Asian graphics. The ever-expanding trade center is also a cool series of graphics.

Other graphics are very much works in progress, however, and look half-done. Some look rather odd and would probably not look to great in the game, like the three lookout points (how does one even getup onto the platform?). Others mix different kinds of stonework which makes the buildings look incoherent and patchy, e.g. Castle7b.

Overall the quality goes up and down, which is to be expected from something that is partially unfinished. In a word, it's solid. There is a lot of material in here for other modders and designers though, and I believe the graphics can be put to great use.

Definitely worth downloading.
Jan dc
File Author
Thanks for the review basse. I'll rename the graphics for the next version so they make a bit sense.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.0
Statistics