New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Projects » Glen Cairn beta map (Age of Chivalry)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Glen Cairn beta map (Age of Chivalry)

Author File Description
Sir Robert Bruce
File Details
Version: Other Modpack
Style: Mix
Number of scenarios: 1
No Triggers

Take note that there are guys fighting in-front of the castle. This is a key factor, so let me know your results with who wins and how many units remain.

NOTE: You will need [url=http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=9053]Age of Chivalry[/url] to play this game.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
todler You should say that the scenario is for Age of Chivalry, not everyone has it installed.
Sir Robert Bruce
File Author
Yes, only works with the LATEST beta of Chivalry and works best when AoFE is also installed, because though I don't think I used any AoFE things, I'm not sure.
todler It can't work with FE, i have both installed, though i did something and i can't run age of chivalry but i have the folder, it's nice that each have a separate folder now.
Sir Robert Bruce
File Author
Okay, I guess I didn't use AOFE. But I have it installed, so likely by the time the campaign is finished it will require both.

What's everyone's thoughts on the map?
Too decorated? Need more decor? More variety? Good as is? Please tell.
R3B3LCAUSE I know you can have AoC and AoFE installed at the same time but I don't think you can actually run both at the same time
Cataphract887
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance2.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions2.0
"Glen Cairn beta map" is in an extremely early level of development as a map. It seems all the author wishes to know is how the battle goes in front of the castle, as he requests in the objectives. I defeated the battle with 45 population remaining, for what its worth.

Playability 1

Its not possible to play through and win the scenario correctly. The enemy has a monument locked in the corner, the player has no assets beyond his starting army, and as the author himself states, there are no triggers. I poked around with cavalry just to make sure, but there certainly isnt a way through the rocks to get to the area the author instructs you to go.

Balance 2

The initial battle is correctly balanced;the enemy has a preponderance of strength and the player can defeat them by using his troops skillfully.

Creativity 2

There is very little effort placed into the scenario, and i could imagine its progress percentage somewhere between 1% or 5% done. Its very difficult to tell anything about the authors creativity yet, but i would say the resulting gameplay would be sufficiently differentiated from a random map, certainly.

Map Design 1

There are vast stretches of blank terrain, and the entire landscape in general has only a few gaia objects, roads, and forests placed in a way that sketches out a map, but does not populate the world with terrain. It is currently inferior to a random map;it is not remotely finished, and there really isnt anywhere except for around the wonder that could be considered as appearing in a final release.

Story\Objectives 2

Assuming it was possible to follow the instructions, which you cannot, i suppose its clear enough what to do, and its the basic bare minimum to avoid a minimum rating.

Final Thoughts: The project file is literally in its first day of development. With only the one initial battle offered to the player as content, its very difficult to come up with constructive criticism for things that do not exist yet.

[Edited on 02/23/17 @ 11:16 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance2.0