Mod Packs » AOV mercenary units

Download File Post Review Post Comment

AOV mercenary units

Author File Description
Achesun
File Details
Version: Age of Kings 1.0
Screenshot:
Here is a graphic pack including several mercenary units design for Age of Voivods, uploaded for advanced designers to use or modify in their own projects(with proper credits).

The units included in are: Catalan almogaver, Serbian hajduk, Tatar raider and Samogitian clubman.

Thanks for downloading, and Reviews and comments are much welcomed!!

Updated: Unit icons added!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mr Wednesday
(id: matty12345)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions4.5
This unit pack contains five novel units, all of which are very well made. Indeed, there are not many gripes to be had. The almogavor and the Hadjuk both have somewhat choppy attacking animations. These animations feel unnatural and look a little awkward. Otherwise, the animations are near perfect. There are even decay animations which are quite serviceable. The unit designs are crisp, detailed, and eye catching, with the single exception of the almogavor's shield, which flashes some black splotches in some frames. On the whole, I would say the other two units are basically perfect, and the Hadjuk and almogavor are more than serviceable.

As for the usefulness of the units in this pack, this is well deserving of a perfect rating. The units are detailed enough to look like what they are supposed to, and they represent warriors not really included in AoK, or even most mods for that matter. The one exception might be the tartar, which is a fairly generic cavalry archer (and even this unit is still somewhat original in design), but as a whole the units are very unique.

Overall, a very high quality set of units. A couple smoother animations would warrant a perfect score, and even without those, the mod is still definitely worth downloading. Great work.
Dave3377 Generally I like these but I think they have some flaws. The clubman, archer, and tartar raider are all much darker than the other AoK units and thus don't blend in as well.

The archer is tiny bit taller than the AoK units, which is a bummer because he looks slightly Asian in his attire.

The clubman has an awkwardly massive shield.

The Tartar raider is my favorite but looks more like an Asian cavalry archer, perhaps more Korean or Japanese than Tartar.

Overall these still aren't bad. Perhaps the positive review just got my hopes up a little too much.
Achesun
File Author
Thanks for the review and comment, Matt and Dave, its a great motivation for me to continue creating new stuffs for this community.
Mahazona I agree they do look a bit darker but will always make good additions to the game.keep the good work up
John the Late A nice unit pack! I will surely find some good use for these units. I especially like the clubman, I think it fits the game quite nicely - a rarity for modeled units. My only complain is the Hajduk, he looks like he is shooting into the ground. But other than that, a solid unit aswell.

Can you include icons for these units?
Erechel They are indeed useful and new builded slps, but there are a few glitches in the slps, specially the Standing slps, that could be polished. A nice addition to any new modpack that could be.

[Edited on 12/01/13 @ 04:41 AM]

Achesun
File Author
Thank you guys! Just updated the mod adding the icons!
John the Late Thank you Achesun!
Taichi San Hi there,

Over the past 2 years ive been making an project that involves the evolution of warfare from the medieval times til modern wars, recently I saw some of your animations that someone sent me, one of a cuirassier and musketeer.

Do you have email or skype so you can get in touch? would like to know if I can borrow some of your great work
Achesun
File Author
Hi, Taichi San, I've send you a mail.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating