;AOFE: Both AoFE and AoC compatible
;Civ: Any
;Tournament civ: Huns
;Random map only
;Victory condition: Standard or Conquest
;Difficulty: Hard
;Population cap: 200 or greater

;Other information:
;This ai is versatile, able to play well with a team or by itself. It destroys wonders when needed and relies on heavy trade in TGs

For those who want to get the UserPatch (non-steam):
First get the 1.0c official patch from one of the links on this page:

http://aok.heavengames.com/patches/

and then visit this page for the UserPatch v1.3:

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11686
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Zeus_StinnerV Hello!. I was trying to play with your ai... but when I start AoE HD it says:

AI Script Error:
File: Juggernaut.per
ERR5001: File Open Failed.

Im using Stem -> AoEHD platform.

Any help?.

Thanks

[Edited on 01/03/14 @ 01:25 PM]

UnfairestEel
File Author
While I don't know why that particular error occurred, I know that this ai wouldn't work with AOK: HD Because the HD version of this game is not compatible with the userpatch. And this ai is a userpatch only ai unfortunately.

But then, that particular error message doesn't sound like something from within the ai script. but more like the .per file is missing or something. Did you extract both Juggernaut.per and Juggernaut.ai and the Juggernaut folder into the ai folder? If not that was the issue (although juggernaut still can't play HD anyway due to lack of the Userpatch)

[Edited on 01/03/14 @ 10:59 PM]

Bala Arizalu Wow!! Great AI Script
UnfairestEel
File Author
Thanks Bala Arizalu!

Edit: Juggernaut is now updated to 1.2

[Edited on 01/10/14 @ 09:59 AM]

jrmost High-End AI.
UnfairestEel
File Author
Thanks jrmost!
UnfairestEel
File Author
Updated to 1.4
This update is a huge update. It includes huge improvements in Juggernaut's team game ability and it's general play.
Bala Arizalu Great
Promiskuitiv
Rating
Rating: 5

The current version of Juggernaut is 1.4 and a lot has happened since the initial krush-only version was released. By now this AI is able to utilize any civ (including the Forgotten Empires ones) and multiple strategies.
Imo the best thing about this AI is its 1vs1 strength and its krush. The krush isn't completely suicidal (to its economy) but still produces more knights in a short time than most people would expect by an AI - try it out yourself with a hun/etc Juggernaut as enemy pocket. And it's definitely not just the krush which is strong, all strategies have a high overall quality.
The author is also an active member of the scripting community who is frequently releasing updates to his AI's => improving them further and further.
In the process of creating this AI the author was also partially inspired by some other AI' / AI scripters which also improved the end result which is in turn good for players who seek a strong AI to play with / against.
If asked about the downsides of this AI it would probably be that interaction with humans isn't as good it could be yet and that it also can't play water maps. But as i already pointed out: The author of this AI releases updates frequently and i'm very sure that he will resolve any remaining weaknesses or simply add stuff that will further improve the AI.

Additional Comments:

I'm giving this AI 5 out of 5 stars since its strength is on an absolute top level and is definitely one of the best AI's out there in general.
As mentioned in the description: This AI naturally requires the awesome Userpatch which you should have downloaded and installed already - if not: Shame on you. ;p
This AI will beat any and every 1.0c AI in 99.99% of the games (if not 100%) and almost every UP AI most of the time (on land maps).

[Edited on 02/26/14 @ 02:50 PM]

UnfairestEel
File Author
Thanks Promiskuitiv!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?