Recent Updates

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Evil Forest

Author File Description
Ahmed Hassan
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Only
Made on a small map . find your way to the city as you fight evils .
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Ahmed Hassan
File Author
Ok Dead End

[Edited on 06/01/14 @ 12:38 PM]

Dead_End Ahmed Hassan, please note that posting the same message at four(!) different files is not acceptable behaviour. If you want to have your files reviewed I suggest posting in the Review Requests thread at the forums, found here: http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,40919,0,365
tgspy
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity1.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Playability: 1
There was no playability in this map. You take control of one unit, who has to fight through at most 5 units to get to some gates. There is no replay value, and I am thoroughly disappointed by it.

Balance: 1
Your main character had 500+ HP and 50 attack, so you were able to one shot absolutely anyone. Absolutely no balance to be found.

Creativity: 1
This map featured no custom sound files, the objective was horribly basic, the map was just a completely forested map with the paths carved out of grass 1. No tricks to be found anywhere.

Map Design: 1
This map was in it's essence a blank map with pine forest as the default terrain. The paths were carved out of grass 1, and there is no attempt at terrain mixing. There was practically no eye candy to be found, and any eye candy that did exist could hardly count for eye candy. The graves placed everywhere did nothing to make it any better.

Story/Instructions: 1
Lack of any story or instructions made this part of the review a simple 1. The only instruction was to get to the gate, which can hardly account to be "instructions"

Additional Comments:
All in all, this scenario was the work of perhaps 10 minutes, I myself could make this exact map in about 5. What made it even worse was that it was not even in a campaign format, so it was just as easy to move my character to the end and be done with it. When I started the map, I also got a ai message about diplomacy, something that I can hardly believe could be overlooked in the design process. I would suggest that you try to focus on making one good campaign or scenario, instead of 10 dodgy maps.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity1.0