Single Player Scenarios » Quest for 2 Relics

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Quest for 2 Relics

Author File Description
Ahmed Hassan
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Strategy
In the scenario, you have to find 2 sacred relics.
Installation :
extract the CPX file in campaign folder ( in your game install directory .

Updated now .comes with an AI .
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
TKaniac First comment, map design has made progress, but is still lacking. Gaia objects used occasionally don't do it, you need terrain mixing as well. That is something I saw little to none of. Second, losing the protagonist does not merit a loss, but does prevent you from progressing. Third, the bendits (I assume you meant "bandits") never fight back, and when they do are promptly mowed down by massed mangudai. Which brings me to my next point, Mangudai in such numbers are completely overpowered and decimate everything. I would suggest removing the Onager, the trebs, and a few mangudai to make it more difficult. That way, you have to use the petards and rams to take out the Stronghold. And it makes the bombard towers more intimidating.
Ahmed Hassan
File Author
Thanks for the comment.the file is now updated
TKaniac While I appreciate the more difficult bandits, you honestly went too far. On about 10 attempts to reach Yasir, my best run had Saad living with 1 hp. Then the gates magically opened letting in a stream of bandits who killed him before the cutscene was over.
Ahmed Hassan
File Author
I don't think so . Though the scenario is difficult now but If you use tactics like hit and run,and look carefully at the object in Yasir's area,you can win .
TKaniac Sorry I was playing at 10 pm and I'd gotten no sleep the night before. I'll give it an honest playthrough and then I guess I'll go ahead and review it.
TKaniac
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance2.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 3
The scenario was very challenging, as it took a lot of micro in order to defeat the bandits. I was rarely bored simply because of all the commands I had to give to keep my small and unrenewable force alive. The only boring parts were at the beginning (dialogue wasn't too interesting) and at the end (waiting for 2 monks to traverse an entire map I've already cleared of bandits isn't that exciting). I give it a 3 because although it was entertaining, my eyes were hardly glued to the screen.

Balance: 2
The bandits were ridiculous! It took me three tries to have Saad live to reach Yasir, and 2 tries to defeat the bandit stronghold. The only reason this is somewhat balanced is by the fact that you get like 15 mangudai to face down a massive army of bandits.

Creativity: 2
The story wasn't creative, as it lacked a lot of backstory or explanation of why things were happening. The map needed a lot of work, but because you put effort into it and obviously tried to spruce up the story and map, I'll give you a 2.

Map Design: 2
The map needed a lot of work in terms of terrain mixing. Also, you don't seem to be familiar with jungle bushes. They work well almost anywhere. Also, you don't seem to be familiar with the rotate button in terms of GAIA objects. This allows you to pick which specific tree you want to appear, and is how you find the jungle bushes (located under jungle tree).

Story/Instructions: 3
The story was bland and the characters weren't well developed, but at least you had one. I was left with several questions at the end. 1. How did the Grand Church steal these priceless relics from a powerful city without a military? 2. Why is Yasir okay with giving his military away to a neighboring kingdom? 3. Why is EVERYONE allies with the bandits! 4. What is Jadogarni's relationship to Salore? The list goes on and on. I give you a 3, however, because I do not believe you could have made the instructions any more clear than they were.

Additional Comments:
I appreciate that you went back and fixed some of the things I pointed out during my initial playthrough. You would have gotten a much lower score if you hadn't, believe me, you would have had a much lower score.

[Edited on 06/24/14 @ 02:54 PM]

TKaniac I'm honestly not sure this counts as Role-Playing Strategy.
Ahmed Hassan
File Author
Thanks for the review and highlighting my mistakes .
TKaniac I had fun playing, as it wasn't all that bad, all things considered.
Ahmed Hassan
File Author
Thanks !
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating