Recent Updates

Single Player Scenarios » MGC14-The Elite Training Academy Challenge

Download File Post Review Post Comment

MGC14-The Elite Training Academy Challenge

Author File Description
DelCrosB
File Details
Version: Other Modpack
Required Modpack (if not included with the download): Age of Chivalry Hegemony (latest version)
Style: Fixed Force
Screenshot:
Age of Empires is meant to be a game of battles, and this is what you get in this mini-scenario.

With the pretext of helping Young Thomas in his unforseen training experience at the Elite Officers Training Academy, you will take part into four different warfare scenarios. Each of them is meant to train one specific skill of a future officer, which has to deal with urban fighting, large battles and ambushes.

Most of the gameplay is based on fixed force battles, which can be won (expecially on harder difficulties) only with very good management of the units and by finding all the secrets of the battlefield.

The scenario can be played on three difficulty levels.

The victory will grant your alter-ego Thomas the prestigeous diploma of the school.

Have fun playing this, and remember: if something goes wrong, it might be because this is the first scenario I submit!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
John the Late
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 5
The scenario consists of 4 seperate challenges which the protagonist has to pass. In each, he commands an army against a superior enemy army and has to think very well about every single action. F3 is the key to win this scenario. While very hard, each of the 4 tests are winnable and fun to play.

Balance: 4
Given the fact that each of the tests can be won, balance is given. The high amount of micro-management and pausing required makes this map a puzzle map. My major concern about balance is that 1, 2 and 4 are extremely hard while 3 is very easy to win.

Creativity: 4
I haven't seen/played a map like this yet, and it is a crossover between fixed force and puzzle. If micromanagement and careful planning of every command is something for you, play this!

Map Design: 4
The map design is nothing overly special, but it does the job. There is a nice usage of the new eyecandy/building units in Age of Chivalry, and I really liked the town of part 1.

Story/Instructions: 3
There is no real background story aside from the little prologue. Not that it would be needed. Instructions give sufficient hints in order to be capable of winning each test.
DelCrosB
File Author
Thanks for your review John the Late! I'm happy you appreciated the scenario and that you found it playable and challenging.

I was expecially worried about the balance since I don't have much experience, but it seems it worked out in the end... I actually thought that #3 was one of the hardest (and annoying) parts, but everyone seems to disagree, so i will try to rebalance in order to make levels more equal. Probably #1,2 and 4 looked easier to me since I knew the tricks in advance, while #3 has no trick to be activated (this is why playtesting by someone else is needed, I guess!).

I was also kind of satisfied with the story I came out with, although I admit that it was mainly a pretext to justify four battlefields in a 25x25 map and I didn't spend too much time on that, so I understand the lower score in the History/Instructions part.

I will update the scenario keeping into account all your useful tips as soon as I have some free time :)

[Edited on 09/07/14 @ 11:15 AM]

Aristeides Very entartaining and creative scenario.I really liked the first and the last parts while the second and the third parts were bland and easy.Regardless,this is a perfect scenario for the ones who think they are good at micromanagement!

[Edited on 05/15/15 @ 08:15 AM]

DelCrosB
File Author
Thanks for your feedback Aristeides! I'm happy you found the scenario entertaining. I plan to update it with some balance fixes but I haven't had time so far! What difficulty settings did you play with?
Aristeides Standard. I'm pretty bad at micro-management so... :D
Sayyed Hassaan DelCrosB please give the url of the latest version of Age of chivalry or insert it in the zip folder.
John the Late Uploading modpacks of other people along with your map is not encouraged, Sayyed Hassan.

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=9053

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0