Utilities » Updated New RMS Guide

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Updated New RMS Guide

Author File Description
Zetnus
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
ATTENTION: THIS GUIDE IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED!
Please visit this document instead:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vR_I1I9u-hI2FFm-EYyjoM_-9dNJFOfTaIgr05wXNbdpv9tI18b6r18ARULy3Jqyvlq6-lc2VjX6xP4/pub

Now fully up-to-date with the HD Edition!
UserPatch 1.5 features will be covered in the next update!

I've written up some updates to Bultro's New RMS Guide to tell people about the new capabilities offered by the User Patch (1.4), the HD Edition on Steam, and its expansions "The Forgotten" and "African Kingdoms" and "Rise of the Rajas". Also includes previously undocumented commands that work in all versions of the game.

Please remember to check here from time to time in order to get the most recent version!

Change-log

v3.2
-added some things based on feedback regarding checks for game version

Version 3
-Adds Rise of the Rajas stuff
-A bunch of updates from the last two years

Version 2 is out!
-Adds everything from African Kingdoms
-Cumulative update of all the discoveries in the last year
-All the text is black now
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
aidenpons
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Well v2.0 is out and it's just as great as v1. Again, a fantastic level of detail!

Usefulness/Novelty: 5

Certainly a very useful guide. Up-to-date information on all sorts of obscure commands, and of course the Find function is a blessing. As far as usefulness goes, it's simply unrivaled.

Quality/Instructions: 5

It's also very easy to understand. Zetnus has done a very good job at striking the line between "useless waffle" and "no information at all." RMS scripts are generally edited by experiment - I edit mine, Ctrl+S, Alt+Tab to AOE2 and hit Generate Map to see if anything exploded, so there doesn't NEED to be a great deal of intricate detail. Some of it is less obvious, and Zetnus has pointed this out.

Additional Comments:

A very conclusive, very useful guide. Quite frankly, if you're going to create .rms scripts you want this.

Thank you for making this, Zetnus!

[Edited on 03/09/18 @ 02:30 AM]

Zetnus
File Author
Thanks for the review!

The fact that you reviewed this (combined with various people asking me RMS questions on Steam) has finally motivated my to finish version 2.0 of this guide. That was sitting around mostly finished on my desktop for far too long.

VishwaKarma
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Usefulness/Novelty: 5
Very extensive and informative guide. Undoubtedly a must have for people new to random map scripting. Being such a person myself, originally using the old and outdated guide provided with AOC; the discovery of this guide has been very illuminating as it gave me insight as to why some of the instructions given in the old guide didn't satisfy my expectations when followed. I must also credit this guide with providing a complete reference to terrain and object constants.

Quality/Instructions: 5
Instructions are very clear and I have observed no lack of quality.

Additional Comments:
It is apparent Zetnus has put much effort into producing this guide and I'm glad to be a witness of its success.
Bultro Thank you for the update Zetnus, you see I'm no longer active, I noticed it now!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Statistics