Mod Packs » 5th Age Mod

Download File Post Review Post Comment

5th Age Mod

Author File Description
Gallas
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
It's time to leave the Imperial and go into the next Age . . .
The Golden Age!

some_text

Features:
- new base units and technologies
- new Unique Units / Technologies
- New buildings
- New icons and graphics
- Unique heroes
- Fully support RM / DM / CS maps
- Researchable in Accursed and Tower of Flies too (for cba and blood maps)

Version: 2.0.1 - 5 June 2015

Click here for version log and screenshots

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Make backup file from your language_x1_p1.dll

and

in \Age of empires II\Data\ folder from your empires2_x1_p1.dat and gamedata_x1_p1.drs files.

2. Download the file, and unpack to Age of empires II main folder and overwrite all. (the zip file contain all necessary folder)

some_text

The top of the screen WON'T SHOW the new age. Userpatch shows this age as Unknown at player's name.
Tech tree editing is difficult. If I make just one mistake, game will crash, so I won't edit it. In addition, if a civ know 4. age unit, then he will know 5. too.
Civs like japan, viking, byzantines and chinese not getting new % stuffs from the 5. age (except spanish blacksmith no gold). Civilization bonuses and team bonuses untouched.

Click here for tech tree picture

Special thanks to:
- Keisari Tapsa's and DiGiT's aoe tools
- Oxam for his Architecture Renovation Mod
- Taichi San for aoe2 alpha version upload
- Jorgito_Lando and Kor for some graphics
- Tomcelmic for Age of Asian mod
- Furik91 for mounted skirmisher graphics
- todler for Trade Workshop graphics
- ToME team for some icons
- Chivalry team for hero idea
- Leontios for some technology idea

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Possidon
Official Reviewer
You're other Mod Packs you have made have been made exclusively for Voobly. Is this one the same or can it be independent and just for use in normal Single-Player AOK?
Gallas
File Author
It's have same features like the Voobly one, but this one can be played offline too. Just need to overwrite the necessary files.

I re-uploaded several of my previous mods and maps to able to play offline too.

[Edited on 10/07/14 @ 12:09 PM]

Reganknight
(id: Reganknight1597)
This looks pretty cool. I'll definitely give this a go when I get the chance.
JuanPaWw Hi, do this work with the 5 civs from aofe or only with conquerors?
Gallas
File Author
Hi JuanPaWw, this mod made for only the original aoc.

Possidon
Official Reviewer
Will this work in AOK:HD?

EDIT: Just read your comment. This is rather annoying as my laptop only has HD.

[Edited on 10/12/14 @ 01:15 PM]

Gallas
File Author
All of my mod made for normal aoc not for HD (cannot test it also because don't own it).
Monika_A It should work fine with the HD Edition, just backup your old files.
When you have the Forgotten DLC switch first to the HD Edition, than restart the game that it starts direct in HD Edition and not in Forgotten.

Ive downloaded the mod and i saw that there are just 3 files that have to include into the install folder, thats why i can say to 80 % that it works with the HD edition, but later this day i try it my self and edit this post to confirm 100 % !
XLightningStormL
(id: TheBronyKing11)
I won't work with the Forgotten Mod, since both have different databases
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
The 5th Age Mod by Gallas adds a new fifth age to your Age of Empires game. This mod leads to a whole new Age of Empires experience for the player.

As far as I know this is one of the very first attempts to create a whole new age into age of empires, an the first to do it solely with data editing and no new .exe file. The Mod takes you out of the Imperial Age and brings you to the Golden age where you can train new units such as Hunting Wolves, Elite Paladins and Mounted Skirmishers, as well as research many new technologies such as upgrades palisade walls, deep sea fishing, and many more. The Mod is very good and takes the game up to the next step.

The quality of the Mod is very well done. All of the upgrades and new units work a treat. They all have equal stats, and the balancing in the upgrades and stats are very well done. The new units look excellent as well. Everything fits together nicely and seems to be in its place. There's nothing that looks like it shouldn't be there, and it all still fits into the Age of Empires theme as well. Unfortunately the majority of the graphics for the new units have been taken from a majority of other Mod Packs, and a couple don't quite seem to fit graphically with everything else in my opinion. It would have been really nice to see some brand new custom graphics to go with this mod as well.
There is a readme included with the file that include clear installation instructions as well.

Overall a very good Mod Pack which I would recommend to download. If you're getting bored of your standard Imperial Age rush random map, then give this a try and experience something new.

Wel Done
Possidon
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown