Mod Packs » Updated OMTBO

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Updated OMTBO

Author File Description
Vardamir
File Details
Version: Age of Kings 1.0
Screenshot:
Includes the .slp and icon for a more useful version of this beta unit, with both Western and Central European sails. It makes a nice looking Galleon in my mind, but feel free to use it for any purpose.

If you plan on doing anything other than replacing the original OMTBO, keep in mind that there are only eight angles rather than the typical sixteen for ships.

Updated to include all five sail types.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Monika_A hi Vardamir,

thanks for this, this looks really excellent !
high details sails. 5.0/5.0 points from me.

This could be used as a outlaw ship that swim in open water maps (similar as the outlw unit for land)

Can i ask if you also include the other sail styles for it ?

thanks !
Mahazona Nice mod it could have been made better if you added some items to the ship deck like the other ships.It will make it look more lively this still looks like a ship under construction.If im not wrong the original beta graphics are still there for this ship.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.0
This new unit by Vardamir updates the OMTBO unit to provide it with sails and thus make it more useful.

Usefulness/Novelty: 4.5
The OMBTO has always proven to be a pretty useless unit. Designed as a BETA unit and hidden in the editor, the OMBTO is an unfinished unit which provides little use for scenario designers. The only thing I’ve even seen it be used for is as a bit of eye candy used to represent a broken ship or shipwreck. Whilst this is a nice touch, giving it sails like this give it many more uses as a larger war galleon or a trade/cargo ship. Boats in AOK have always been limited so it is nice to have this additional unit. If you want to use this unit and still keep the original OMBTO, then you can just add this as a new unit rather than replace something. Vardamir has included the unit with all of the sails for each civilisation set and thus it can be used by all players in the game. A final point I’d like to make is that the SLPs show this unit as a whole, with the ship and sails already put together, as opposed to many other ship mods which have them as separate slps. This makes adding it to the game much easier especially for newer kidders who may not know how to mod sails into boats.

Quality/Instructions: 4
The quality of the ship is excellent and the sails make it look like a proper sailing ship. The sails fit into the ship perfectly and there are no complaints about the animations or anchoring of the SLP. One could argue that the unit lacks some detail in the ships decking like some eye candy and rigging but overall this is a very simple but well designed new boat. To complete the unit Vardamir has given the ship player colour and a custom icon too.

Additional Comments:
Overall this simple little mod works wonders for making an ugly and usually unusable ship a thing of beauty and want. I’d recommend the download.

Thanks
Possidon

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5