Download File Post Review Post Comment

All Roads Lead to Home

Author File Description
MrMew
File Details
Version: Other Modpack
Required Modpack (if not included with the download): Age of Forgotten Empires
Style: Fixed Force
Set on a 30x30 map, you play as a young Centurion that must destroy the blockade that blocks the road leading home. Rome. The scenario is called All Roads Lead to Rome (haha, get it? If you don't, don't bother ask), and is relatively short and can depend on the first few minutes to determine if you will be victorious. Triggers could be better, but I'm lazy and they'll do. This file requires the Age of Forgotten Empires Mod. Thanks for taking a look at this file.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Do you need Forgotten Empires or will it work on the HD edition with the Forgotten Expansion?
MrMew
File Author
Not the HD edition ( I believe the short for the HD edition is AoF) so you need AoFE. I don't if it works in Hd edition, seeing I don't have it.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance1.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions2.0
All Roads Lead to Home is a short minigame scenario created by MrMew, with the Forgotten Empires mod.

Playability: 3
All Roads Lead to Home is a short minigame in which you play as a small Roman legion who are return home to Rome but find their path blocked by a Visgoth blockade. The objective of the scenario is the destroy the blockade and clear the path for the rest of the legion to get home. The scenario is fun for the few short minutes it lasts and is generally well designed. I didn't find anything wrong with the scenario but unfortunately it was just too short to really make any sort of impact. For me it was over in under 3 minutes, making it one of the shortest scenarios I've ever played.

Balance: 1
Despite playing on Hard this scenario was incredibly easy and took no skill to win at all. You start off with a small force of legionaries and you have to fight against a similar sized army which I made up of weaker units; mainly Archers, Long Swordsmen and Huskarls. Overall you overpower the enemy massively and therefore you can just run into their base and wait for your units to automatically destroy everything. The enemy gets regular reinforcements but so do you, and your units are far more powerful.

Creativity: 2
The scenario is very simple and therefore doesn't bring anything new to the table. However, the author has shown a decent knowledge of the scenario editor and trigger tricks and has also provided a nice map design for the scenario.

Map Design: 3
The scenario is built upon a small 30x30 map. Whilst small it does boast a nicely designed map. Elevation is used very well, as is terrain mixing. There is good use of eye candy and the new assets of the Forgotten Empires mod are used well such as grass patches and smoke, as well as the new Roman Units to help with the theme. There are some oddities such as the random patches of black rocky terrain and the rather square looking blockade.

Story/Instructions: 2
There's not much of a story to the scenario. Most of it is given in the description of the file before you download it. There's no introductory screen to introduce the story and one line a dialogue at the start of the scenario before the action begins. The objective of the scenario is fairly straightforward but the instructions given are clear and helpful, although there are no additional hints, not that you need them.

Additional Comments:
Overall this is a fairly well made scenario with lots of potential, albeit way too short to really bother downloading.

Thanks
Possidon

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0