Download File Post Review Post Comment

Houscarl

Author File Description
Dave3377
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
Another basic cut and paste mod.

Heavily armored and wielding a Dane axe, this unit could be a Saxon or Viking Houscarl, or a Varangian guard in the service of the Byzantine Empire.

There is a similar set of Civ 3 graphics, but they didn't quite mesh with the AoK graphics (a little too tall). So I made this guy.

The unit uses the same number of frames as the throwing axeman which he is made from.

As always, my units are free for anyone to use. No need to ask for permission.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
adamproxdude33 that's good u should make more units like
a Mounted Janissary (Janissary&Cavalier)
a Camel Guard (Camel&Knight)
a Pike Knight (Knight&Spearman)
Mahazona
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Usefulness/Novelty: 5
The Houscarl unit is based off the fankish UU but look like an original unit done by ES.The concept is very creative and its made using original parts so it fits with the game perfectly.can be used as a UU or a generic unit based on your need.

Quality/Instructions: 5
Made using top notch copy past method with great anchor settings so it fits perfectly in to the game. Also comes with the Icon of the unit.

Additional Comments: Recommended download for any setting that uses a unit like this.Great work Dave.
Dave3377
File Author
I have a partially finished crusader spearman. It's a pikemans body, with a spear instead of a pike, a knights long kite-shaped shield, and a cavaliers helmet. But I doubt I'll ever get around to finishing that one. It's not relevant to the time period for the mod I'm making.

I might add some new lighter Arabian, Chinese, Persian, and Barbarian/levy spearmen in the near future though. Just ES graphics spearmen but with the back shield removed and some different types of shields and heads for different cultures.
John the Late This unit is great! Like Mahazona said, clear 5.0 for the unit graphics! The icon needs a little fixing, but the unit graphics are top quality. :)

Edit: I also exactly know which unit you are talking about, Dave. :D

[Edited on 03/13/15 @ 10:36 PM]

Mahazona Looking forward to you next set of units dave I can use all of them :)

Btw how do you add this chain mail texture?Is there a place to download such textures?

[Edited on 03/14/15 @ 03:12 AM]

Seonid This is amazing, like all of your units, Dave.

Your description of your new spearmen makes me want to either rush and finish the ones I'm making (which are actually based off of your spearman with a Huskarl shield), or wait until you make them so that I'm not duplicating work.

Just curious, what shields are you planning on using? I'm making a spearman with the shield from Kor's old Frisian Infantry, one with the shield from your light Arab longswordsman, and one using the Berserk's shield.
Havie Guy looks sweet, nice job!
Dave3377
File Author
Seonid,

I can upload the slps for the in-progress units (the yellow hat and back shield are removed, but the hand held shields aren't added yet). That might be helpful base unit to start modding from. Even if you don't start over. For example, you might be able to cut the new shieldless back off the new spearman (yet to be uploaded) and paste it over what you have now. If that is something you wanted to do. I can try to get the white background off of my in-progress units and get them uploaded in the coming days.
Havie This guys real nice
TriRem Dave, your unit looks perfect (as usual) ! I have to ask, how do you manage to copy paste the shield so perfectly ? It doesn't shake at all the movement is so smooth...
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0