Showcase Scenarios » MrMustache's "River Crossing"

Download File Post Review Post Comment

MrMustache's "River Crossing"

Author File Description
MrMustache
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
**MrMustache's River Crossing**

This is a showcase scenario I made on a 25x25 map.
The Frisburgher troops are camping near Klof River,and they are going to cross it tomorrow to siege Creys,the capital of Welliston.

This is my third scenario,but my first upload.I hope you guys like it! Please leave a comment!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
MrMustache's 'River Crossing' is designed on a 25x25 sized template, and its primary focus is to showcase some terrain mixing and ideas. The design in question focuses on the fictional Klof river; on one embankment an army encampment nestles among the forest trees, while on the other shore a single road leads to the Capital of Welliston. With that said, the terrain mixing is pretty decent, particularly as this is the author's third submission. There is nice attention paid to the river and surrounding countryside, with a complimentary use of terrain mixing and Gaia objects such as flowers and mud paths. Elevation is used in a satisfactory manner, and the forest is made up of a mix of pine and oak forest, with jungle tree shrubs used to add to the foliage. However, it has to be said designing anything on a 25x25 template is bound to limit the designer in what can be achieved, and even more so for interest sake. The design touches on some nice ideas, and a little background history is provided so as to add significance to the terrain, but I'd really like to see more. I believe this design as it stands is a good starting point to begin with terrain mixing, and the next step would be to feature a large template from which to add the capital city. As the design alludes to a war, some ideas here might include showcasing a city under siege, with skeletons, craters surrounding the outskirts of the city, ruins, fires and mustering soldiers preparing for the assault. The overall rating here denotes the fair use of terrain, but is detracted somewhat due to the lack of interest the map provides the player to explore.

OVERALL RATING: 3.0-

In a sentence - A very nice start but overall limited in scope.

In closing - Recommended for designers looking for terrain design ideas.

[Edited on 08/11/15 @ 03:48 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:193
Favorites: [Who?]0