New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Multiplayer Scenarios » Roll The Dice ! V14.9d (1.4 RC Version)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Roll The Dice ! V14.9d (1.4 RC Version)

Author File Description
AzZzRu
File Details
Version: Other Modpack
Required Modpack (if not included with the download): http://tinyurl.com/pf7keuv
Style: Other
Number of players: 8
Screenshot:
~ Roll The Dice ~ V14.9d (1.4 RC Version)

This map is only compatible with 1.4 RC patch, you can get it at Voobly.

The last compatible version for 1.0c is v13.7 that is available here. Roll The Dice 1.0c won't be anymore updated, it is the final version.

Original gameplay map, main idea is to surprise players with unlikely situation. The good point is all events which are coming are random, so you will always improvise your strategy in terms of players, units they get, and their psychology.

Roll The Dice is a 8 players moba like map, FFA or teams. Each player spawns in an arena as a random unit. When that unit dies, another random one spawns for you to fight as. There are 8 outposts in the arena belonging to each player, and when destroyed the player loses. When you get kills, you earn money you can use to upgrade your units, your outpost, and more. Last tower remaining wins. Attack and gold bonus appear randomly on the map as relics and broken carts that you can pick.

This is a fun map with a part of luck, but this is also a very strategic game which need lot of reflexion. You can become skilled and win most of the time without luck. In fact, it's like poker. Skills are to know get kills with any unit, to have reflexes, know what to buy in the store, and know which player you have to attack. It could seem easy but it is not, define the player you have to attack depend of lot of factor. It is the weaker point of almost all players, they choose wrong target. Also there are too much random factors so there isn't a constant best buy order, you have to show reflection, always.

Play FFA is advisable for learn the game ! 8p better for fun.

Changelist and more info at voobly thread.

Voobly Thread => Here
Map screen => Here

How to play:
Check RTD voobly thread to learn how to play: Here
You can also read hints in game.

Triggers statistics:
16 663 Triggers
54 169 Conditions
95 564 Effects

Features:
- A real new game
- Lot of triggers to make lot of random events
- A super fun store
- Rare spawn and events
- Many possible strategies
- Nice anti delete system
- Shortcuts trick for panic and get new units fast
- Playable in team

Settings:
Lock teams
All tech disable
Ressource: Standard
Map: All visible
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Vampirus Mortem Why isn't 1.0c being supported anymore? That pretty much kills anyone on Gameranger's chance to play it, and games are still common on there. Not everyone wants to deal with Voobly.

Anyway, good work on the new version, too bad us outside of Voobly can't play it.
AzZzRu
File Author
In my opinion, on an old game like aoe 2, people should play at same place. I choosed voobly because it has much advantages: no hacks, spec mode, rating system, match history, forum, good aoe patch. GR has nothing, idk why people stay over there.

More I have no motivations and no time to develop two versions of RTD, I just want improve it for 1.4 RC because it allows much more possibilities.

But I guess it's possible to run 1.4 RC at GR.

[Edited on 05/24/15 @ 07:02 PM]

PoppingOff Please tell me you added a sound/message a player receives when they get a trade cart to upgrade.
AzZzRu
File Author
There is the cart spawn sound, isn't enough ?

[Edited on 08/27/17 @ 04:04 AM]

PoppingOff "There is the cart spawn sound, isn't enough ?"

It is not enough, especially new players need a message/sound trigger, that lets them know they received a trade cart. It's much more user friendly that way

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:275
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:276.32 KB
Added:05/09/15