Recent Updates

Showcase Scenarios » PTC15 - Platopolys

Download File Post Review Post Comment

PTC15 - Platopolys

Author File Description
DelCrosB
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This is my submission for the PTC2015. A young man has been summoned to the capital city of Platopolys, and he is offered a position in the city council due to his skills. He is now free to visit the city and interact with its people.

What you will find:
-A quite large city, indeed!
-Interactive dialogues with the majority of the people that you meet. (As a rule of thumb, people that stand still will talk to you if you select them)
-Some irony, hopefully!
-A large number of wise men, that will bore you with their stories about the city.
-Some breweries!
-Gardens
-Markets
-Probably some typos and weird grammatical constructions - English is not my first language!

What you will not find:
-A soundtrack or sound effects - I couldn't find anything good in the little time I had left! Hopufully I will add it in the future...
-Talkative people in the New Town - I ran out of time and ideas, so people in this area of the town do not talk.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
HockeySam18
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Platopolys is DelCrosB's entry to the 2015 Pretty Town Contest.

Authenticity: I was quite pleased with the overall atmosphere on display here and a backstory along with dialogues that contributed to the plot as well as the theme of the design. While the implementation could certainly see some improvement, it still merits a quality score in this category.

Creativity: The design style was creative, but most impressive was the author’s infusion of a personal touch with regard to the atmosphere and plot. It was clear that a lot of thought and planning went into the entry, and that should be commended.

Layout: The design was overall quite nice and creative, but could benefit from better usage of terrain mixing, gaia objects, and building combinations. It is apparent that the author ran out of time while designing the entry as he said on the forum, but the result was nevertheless good.

Technical skill: Another strong point of the scenario, the technical skill of the author was certainly noticeable with regard to enhancing the atmosphere of the scenario. A little more polishing on the map design front would have merited a perfect score in this category.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Platopolys is DelCrosB's entry to the 2015 Pretty Town Contest, achieving 7th place in the contest.

Rating: 4
Platopolys is very large and detailed city. The city is split into two halves, the old town and the new town. The old town is slightly larger than the new town and is alot busier. There is alot happening in that side of the town, with a busy port and market place and many people running around doing things. The old town is more crowded with buildings piled together and crammed in. The new town is slightly smaller, but just a pretty. It is alot less crowded, with more open and spaced out areas, and not as many working class folks running around doing various jobs. The two halves of the city are connected by a thick bridge.

The map has a beautiful design with an authentic atmosphere. Most of the people on the town interact with the player and he wonders through. There is alot of detail in the interactivity and busy atmosphere of the town. Everything about the interaction adds to the ambiance and atmosphere of the town, making it come to life and much more realistic.

The map design itself is very good and quite detail, making a pretty map. The layout of buildings in the town is good, and the author shows some brilliant and creative technical designing skills. I particularly like the use of the graves, placed off grid, to create the edges of paths and so on. Overall however, the map good be much improved with a little more terrain mixing and use of eye-candy and GAIA objects.

Additional Comments:
Overall an brilliant town, and certainly one of largest submitted to the competition. I highly recommend that you download this map and check it out.

Well Done
Possidon
DelCrosB
File Author
Thanks for the reviews guys, it is nice to have good and detailed feedback on my work! It took quite a big effort to complete this entry, and at some point I was afraid that the map I created was too big to be filled up decently with details and characters, but I made it in the end and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

I will definitely work on my terrain-mixing skills in order to improve my future scenarios... I will also try to use more effectively gaia objects, although I thought I already did it quite a bit! I'm happy you enjoyed the background story and atmosphere as well, it more or less came out of nothing but I was pleased with it after all!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:402
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:131.73 KB