Download File Post Review Post Comment

PTC15 - Into the Andes

Author File Description
Jan dc
(id: Den cekke)
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: Age of Empires II (2013)
My entree for the Pretty Town Contest 2015. Not all triggers were implemented.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
HockeySam18
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Into the Andes is Jan dc (Den Cekke)'s entry to the 2015 Pretty Town Contest.

Authenticity: Although better known for his skill in design with regard to gameplay, Jan showed that he was perfectly capable of creating a strong entry for the PTC, a completely different type of contest. The design, concept, and use of triggers was all rather creative and made for a quality effect, but a little more time would have been useful in allowing for more effort into the atmosphere in general.

Creativity: I was impressed by the author’s willingness to challenge himself with an oft-ignored subject and storyline. Several aspects of the design displayed the author’s creative style, and it was quite cool to see the (albeit unfinished) story told from the standpoint of two priests.

Layout: Jan’s unique design style was on display once again, and while there are some aspects of the design that I felt could have been done better, I was nevertheless impressed by the quality of the work here. Both towns and countryside showed a high attention to detail and an infusion of creativity.

Technical skill: While the design was generally high quality, I think the entry could have benefited from some more effort into creating a better atmosphere. Nevertheless, I’m scoring the entry based on what was there, not what wasn’t there. One thing I noticed, for example, was that the cutscene in the beginning with the jaguar happened offscreen (resolution difference?) – a change view trigger would easily fix this. Another issue was that the numerous units tasked to follow your unit sometimes succeeded in blocking him in narrow alleyways and corners, forcing me to change diplomacy, convert, and delete those units.

In closing - a recommended download.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:429
Favorites: [Who?]0