Showcase Scenarios » PTC15 - Brasov

Download File Post Review Post Comment

PTC15 - Brasov

Author File Description
Darth Sarek
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Brasov is a city in central Romania. This scenario is a representation of early 13th century Brasov, but anachronistically depicts later landmarks.

You play as Sir Samuel, a Teutonic Knight in the midst of the Crusades. After a bloody battle, and weeks in the snowy mountains, you search for the haven city of Brasov to recover.

---------------------
Speed Setting: Normal
Music: Off
---------------------

-Darth Sarek
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
HockeySam18
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Brasov is Darth Sarek's entry to the 2015 Pretty Town Contest.

Authenticity: I’m quite honestly very impressed by the way Darth Sarek’s design has improved even over the past several months. The design itself was quite authentic, and the entry was the only one other than Matt’s to make use of voice acting. I thoroughly enjoyed my joint journey and narrative, and the overall use of the design, sound effects, and triggers to create a wholesome experience was nothing short of excellent.

Creativity: The design style showed a nice touch of creativity, and the use of triggers and theme in general was wholly enjoyable to experience. Perhaps most impressive was the way the design meshed with the narrative to create a realistic and believable experience. It was also quite nice to see a good adaptation of a historical subject.

Layout: The map design was quite pretty and did an excellent job of being innovative with its object placement, terrain mixing, and little tricks throughout. Though some parts could have been done better such as certain building combinations, I think this is overall a high quality map and certainly Darth Sarek’s best work to date.

Technical skill: The entry had all the marks of a well-tested and polished work, and the usage of triggering, sound effects, and small tricks (the walkable cathedral in particular was one of those small touches that goes a long way) showed a high echelon of technical skill. As aforementioned, the map design could have benefited from a little more polishing in some parts, but the author should be congratulated on a job well done.

In closing - a thoroughly recommended download.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:754
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:6.63 MB