Cinematic Scenarios » Arcontia Chronicles - Beginning cutscene

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Arcontia Chronicles - Beginning cutscene

Author File Description
Hagop
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Required Modpack (if not included with the download): v1.4RC
This cut scene will be the intro to my upcoming RPG map. I hope you guys enjoy it :)

Please play this cut scene on normal speed.

This cut scene functions only in the 1.4RC of the CD version.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Lilthbehr
(id: Lildbehr)
I can't see the last battle (scene 23) and the exorcism. There's only text and the scenario never ends.
Hagop
File Author
Thank you for your comment Lildbehr. I just downloaded the cut scene to check if there was any error, it ran fine with me. To be on the safe side I just made an update for the file, but as I said I downloaded the file and it ran perfectly.

[Edited on 10/25/15 @ 03:34 PM]

Hagop
File Author
I updated the file and fixed some minor bugs in it and included the AI that I used.
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Pacing4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions2.0
'Arcontia Chronicles - Beginning Cutscene' is the author's second submission and first cinematic scenario. It requires Userpatch 1.4 to function.

PLAYABILITY: 'Arcontia Chronicles' is a short introductory cinematic that while cliche is made to a decent standard and promises a larger RPG to follow. There were a few key points glossed over without any real coverage, but on the whole this is a good starting point for the author. In general, more key elements are needed to make this a more immersive and enjoyable experience. 2+

PACING: The overall pacing here is quite good and generally keeps to the same flow from beginning to end but it isn't perfect by any means. 4

CREATIVITY: The cut-scene shows good progression with trigger work, and ties the story in quite well from beginning to end. However, as it stands it feels a little uncreative and rushed. 3-

MAP DESIGN: The map design is sufficient without being anything exemplary. It is at times on par with a random map, with exceptions to the summoning pit that looks creative and fitting, however random placements of sea rocks and Roman ruins aren't always a good look. 2+

STORY/INSTRUCTIONS: While the story is certainly cliche, it is well implemented and told to a reasonable standard throughout the duration of the cinematic. It could do with more detail however as certain key moments are glossed over and unconvincing, such as when the competing kingdoms recognise who is really behind the war. There are no instructions, hints or bitmap. 2+

SUGGESTIONS: As cinematic scenarios are often overlooked by the average downloader, more work needs to go into them to make them stand out and worth watching. Music and sound effects, when chosen and used correctly, add substantially to the overall experience. A solid and flowing storyline that cuts down on long moments of dialogue also limits the time the viewer might feel bored. While cliche elements to a story are certainly welcome and work when used correctly, it is usually because some aspect of the game is able to bring something new or fresh to the table.

CONCLUSION: Overall this is a good start for the designer and something he should be happy with. However, one can always improve and I would recommend the author to play more top rated designs, including cinematic scenarios. One thing to work on in particular is map design. The summoning pit was very good and should be the kind of standard the author pursues. Everything, from towns to outlying fields, should be custom tailored to a specific feel and aesthetic, rather than simply placed down as being 'good enough'.

In a sentence - A good start but lacking in creativity.

In closing - Worth watching only if you enjoy short cut-scenes.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Pacing4.0
Creativity3.0