New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Utilities » Extended Triggers Patch (v1.7 2019.04.04)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Extended Triggers Patch (v1.7 2019.04.04)

Author File Description
danielpereira
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Required Modpack (if not included with the download): UserPatch 1.5
The Extended Triggers Patch improves the Scenario Designing experience in the UserPatch by adding new trigger effects and conditions.

A complete list of those new conditions and effects can be found here

Besides of that, this patch also introduces a variable system, which allows the use of 256 variables, which can be manipulated by special conditions and effects!

The Extended Triggers Patch requires the latest version of UserPatch 1.5 in order to be installed properly. Attempting to apply it on in non-UP 1.5 executables can cause severe damage to them.
Pages: « First « 1 [2]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
danielpereira
File Author
@WAIFor: The AoKTS version which is included in PCM II supports the new conditions and effects added by this patch, but, don't worry, I'll update ASAP the AoKTS for UP I released months ago, so it can handle those new conditions and effects ^^ Thanks for reminding me of that ^^

And thanks for the suggestions ^^

@Hawk_Tout: Hey! :D

I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for the suggestions and for the kind words ^^
WAIFor One my idea:
attach new effects "Change Unit Attributes" by offset, and quantity, within certain type (byte, short, long, real), for general modifications.
For example, "Set Unit Attributes Byte" set offset = 150, quantity = 0, makes units invisible on minimap. "Add Unit Attributes Real" set offset = 52, quantity = 10, gains 1st radius of units by 0.1, etc.

[Edited on 06/09/16 @ 11:10 AM]

danielpereira
File Author
@WAIFor: Thanks for your suggestions ^^
LordKnightScie Hey, I'm not too savvy with AoE mods but is this compatible with AoE: HD?
Bala Arizalu No.
WAIFor Hi there!

I found a conflict of this with my WTEP. That is, I set "Number" box as 5 characters length, but your patch is 3, so it is overwritten, causing my functions not able to use.
Is there any solution to change the length only if it is less than 3 ?
WAIFor
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions4.0
Usefulness/Novelty: 5
It's a creative product! Since PCM2, Daniel Pereira had shown us great effects in exe editing. Later, he posted this patch, making us be able to use new trigger conditions and effects. Especially the variable functions, have made innovations in scenario design.
Also, his products inspired me to disassemble exe file, and develop my patch WTEP.

Quality/Instructions: 4
Installing is easy, using dll also keeps exe file integrity.
But, some triggers, I think, could do better. One significant thing is most new "change attributes" effects can only plus, but not able to set instantly.

Additional Comments:
Another is a collision between this and WTEP - in WTEP, we can type 5 characters in "Number", but once ETP is installed, there can only be 3 characters at most. If possible, you can check the figure first: if greater than 3, skip writing.
tryotryotryo Great work! Good to hear that the variable system is compatible with up 1.5 now. I have a suggestion here. Maybe you can try to make the variable system works for the multiplayer scenarios? If that worked, we can even build an online RPG game in AOK. That will be very cool!

[Edited on 04/23/19 @ 07:49 AM]

danielpereira
File Author
@tryotryotryo: Hey!

First of all, thanks for the feedback and for the kind words!

Regarding the variable system: actually, it works in MP games, all variables and variable dependant conditions and effects can be used in MP scenarios. What doesn't work in MP games is variable saving/loading to/from external files, since it would be highly prone to OOS if the files were altered, or if the file reading/writing takes longer than usual or simply fail for one of the players.

Best regards,
Daniel Pereira
nathanielng Hi, I am having a problem for using the extended triggers patch, may you give me some help?

[1] I have downloaded the file, unzip and put into aoe2 root folder.
[2] I have executed the patcher, and successfully type in aoe2_x1 for input .exe (RC1.5)

But when I open the scenario editor, no new trigger condition and effect are added.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

[Edited on 04/13/20 @ 05:01 AM]

Pages: « First « 1 [2]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0