Download File Post Review Post Comment

WAIFor's Trigger & Extension Patch 1.05.03.1208

Author File Description
WAIFor
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Required Modpack (if not included with the download): User Patch 1.4 RC or 1.5
Screenshot:
This is a launcher that provides several pretty effects for your Age of Empires:
The Conquerors. You need only edit the ini file "wtep.ini" to set target exe,
then run "wtep.exe", you'll get some amazing new trigger effects and modding functions!

Please use UserPatch 1.4 RC or 1.5 RC core file. This
patch will expand allocations of original patches.
You can also make exe file changed permanently.

===== New Effects =====

- 65536 Types of Colors For Show Instructions
- Teleport Units
- Change Units
- Change Units' Graphics
- Change Units' Sounds
- Change Units' Massive Attributes
- Get/Lost LoS of Any Players
- Control Other Players
- Move Sight By Unit
- Create Array Units
- Tasking Projectiles
And So On

===== New Modding Functions =====

- Second Page
- Skills like transform, spawn, teleport, build, attack ground, etc.
- More Damage Types
- Custom Cheats
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Bala Arizalu Is compatible with Extend Trigger Patch?
WAIFor
File Author
Yes, compatible with Daniel's ETP, if it was installed.
danielpereira Hey WAIFor!

First of all, nice work you have done! The new effects that you have added are good :D

But, well, I found a small problem in your patch: the Teleport Unit effect doesn't seem to work very well: it even teleports the unit, but the game still shows the unit as if it was still at the same place and LoS bugs are generated when you try to move it.

Also, I would like to tell you that I liked the idea of custom colour tags! Hipotetically speaking, would you mind if I implemented a similar system in my patch? Of course, if I get to impplement a similar system like thatm you would be credited for that, since you had the idea first :)

Last, but not least, I have a small question regarding the LoS effects: why didn't you make it use the source player field, instead of the quantity field?

Either way, keep up the good work ^^

WAIFor
File Author
Thanks for your comment, danielpereira.

First, the patch do have bugs in updating visions of units in teleporting or immitating, and LoS problems of teleporting units. However, I don't know how to solve them thoroughly. vision could be updated by task them after. For LoS problems, we can change owner before and after to dodge them.

I'm glad to have my idea spread. The custom color text tags may be very useful. Another idea is show custom central text(like "You Win!"), if it were achieved, effects would be much more interesting. Another advice to you is to change effects of changing attributes of units, add them "Set" operation besides adding.

For the last question, it is because I can use player id easily to make such effect, but player pointer not. If there is a better approach, we can use "Change Diplomacy" effect instead.

[Edited on 06/30/16 @ 03:21 AM]

danielpereira @WAIFor: Hey WAIFor!

Thanks for allowing me to do that. :D And thanks for your suggestions ^^

Regarding showing centralized text like the "You are victorious/You have been defeated" messages, once a time I researched around that, but, unfortunately, I was not that sucessful in replicating that behaviour :(

Also, I'm pretty sure it's possible to get the player ID from the field data. Once I have more time, I'll see if it's possible to do that.

[Edited on 06/30/16 @ 10:54 AM]

Vardamir This is an amazing utility! There's quite an impressive selection of trigger effects and wonderful modding options, including some long sought after effects like units that can both fight and heal or build, toggling between two units in a way that doesn't limit their ability to auto-attack, and non-hardcoded self-regeneration.

Is there any chance conversion could be added to the skills?
WAIFor
File Author
To Vardamir:
Thanks for your supporting! Currently the patch ran up to v1.00.8.5, some bugs fixed and new functions developed. Besides, what the "conversion" you said means?
Vardamir Converting enemy units to your side, like monks.
WAIFor
File Author
Well, do you mean that one unit can convert other units into friends by attacking?
Vardamir I was wondering if the monk's conversion ability could be added as a NewSkill, similar to how you added healing.

[Edited on 09/12/16 @ 10:37 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0