Recent Updates

Showcase Scenarios » Time of Tea- Palace Showcase

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Time of Tea- Palace Showcase

Author File Description
MrMew
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This is the redesigned part 3 of the Time of Tea campaign. It isn't exactly the same as its near finished twin was, but that's ok. Instead of the rigorous effort in rebuilding this as the puzzle scenario it was with half efficient triggers, it is now a palace/castle showcase. I hope you enjoy it and may even draw ideas from it.

This file comes with two versions. 1.4RC and 1.0c
Userpatch adds triggers that use Change Object Nam ein Area effect.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
This Showcase Scenario from MrMew represents the indoor halls and corridors of a grand Palace. The scenario was originally intended as a puzzle scenario for his campaign The Time of Tea, but was not completed and therefore the map design was uploaded here to showcase ideas for an indoor setting.

Rating: 2
Indoor settings are uncommon as they are hard to do, mainly due to the lack of resources available to authentically represent this setting. I must commend the author here for giving it a go and he has clearly taken inspiration from many other designers who have attempted to create indoor settings in the past. There are many great ideas here, although not entirely original, such as using overlapped rugs to create carpet and large clumps of walls to break apart different rooms.

There are some relatively pretty parts to the palace, I like the outside courtyard and the stables, but in many places it is rather bland and actually rather odd. Now I know that its hard to make an interesting floor for an indoor room without utilising a solid block of road, but when the entire screen is just road1 terrain it looks unappealing. Either make the rooms smaller, add more eye-candy or use a different terrain that might be mixed better such as dirt or new farm, etc. The outside areas could have defiantly used some more work as there was a bit too much use of Grass 1 and Dirt 1. Nothing's mixed at all. Weird bits included random patches of rubble on water and jungle trees in the grand courtyard.

Additional Comments:
Overall this palace showcases the authors intentions of a nice indoor palace design, and inspiration from many other designers. Unfortunately it falls flat and offers little to please the eye at the same time.

Possidon

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:123
Favorites: [Who?]0