Mod Packs » Sengoku project: Japanese Units Pack

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Sengoku project: Japanese Units Pack

Author File Description
Achesun
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
One year and a few months ago, I started a project to create various Japanese style units for designers who're interested in making their Japanese themed mods or scenarios. Unexpectedly, I didn't have so much time, and it took me very long to finish this.

Now, for those who love Japanese culture and Sengoku history as I do, the wait is over! I am happy to present the "Japanese Unit Pack", including six units and one bonus unit. Designers are welcomed to use these units in their projects,and proper mentioning of the author is appreciated.

This is the first phase of the bigger project, a total conversion of Sengoku Japan. If you are interested or want to help, please visit the project thread here http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,44375,0,30

Thanks for your download!

Updated: some SLP problems were spotted and fixed thanks to AFFA the cleric
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
AFFA the Cleric Finally, those units are simply awesome, especially the Bonus unit! First Download with honor, for you Sā!
Tomcelmic That's great Achesun! Congratulations for the completion of your unit pack! I'll be looking forward the completion of your sengoku project!
AFFA the Cleric Achesun, I found a couple of bad anchoring, useless frames in the bonus unit animations, I immediately corrected them, if you wish I could send them to you via mail!
Achesun
File Author
Oh, sure Affa! Send me the files and I'll update this soon. Thanks for the first download!

[Edited on 12/16/16 @ 07:43 PM]

chiruscan Nice job Achesun. Im really liking the mounted daimyo unit. Any chance you could create a samurai infantry unit based off this?
AFFA the Cleric E-mail sent to you Achesun!

Also, could I ask you if I could edit a few of them in order to get others units appearence?

Thank you for all Achesun! ;)
Achesun
File Author
chiruscan,
Well, probably I can. I just need to modify the 3D model a bit.

AFFA the cleric,
Thanks!
And feel free to edit them. You did a great job with the Sabadar unit last time, I believe you can do some great units one again!

Mahazona Great unit set we really need more asian stuff.
Charging_Knight
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions4.0
Usefulness/Novelty: 5

5/5 here. Very useful!

Quality/Instructions: 4

Great units, but would just like to ask if they could be scaled up just a little to match perhaps the size of a AOK villager (for the foot units). They are very beautiful but a little too small currently.

Additional Comments:

Perhaps once data modding is enabled in Steam AOK:HD you could also upload these units there? It would be a welcome addition. I particularly liked the ninja, sohei and Naginate Samurai. Perhaps could it be possible for you to make a Shogun unit or a Japanese merchant unit which could serve as a King-like unit in-game. It would help very much for campaign designing. It would be good if they could be made a little more generic (but enough to recognise them as Japanese) so that other Asian civilisations (Chinese/Koreans) can also tap on them for campaigns.

[Edited on 12/18/16 @ 11:44 PM]

Achesun
File Author
Thanks for the review, Charging_Knight!

About the size issue, I had compared the foot units side by side with the male villager, and they appear as tall as the villager. I do agree that sometimes it looks like my units are smaller in game, no idea why, but they're actually just the same size as most of the vanilla units.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions4.5