Recent Updates

Utilities » Best of AoKH Music Compilation Part One

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Best of AoKH Music Compilation Part One

Author File Description
Cataphract887
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This is a collection of music intended for use in your own scenarios. The tracks were selected out of the Authors AoE2 UP1.4 Installation's sound folder and therefore should represent many of the best music tracks uploaded. All the files have been handpicked for quality and a fairly good in this regard.

I have also renamed the files with a rudimentary tag system so you can find what interests you;the original names were rarely kept, and they were both little help in finding the original music or entirely undescriptive. Leave some feedback on the tags? Good? Terrible? Somewhere in between?

This first part is a sample to test the waters and gauge responses. Also because Australian internet is too terrible for the actual first sample size i prepared :P

Update:File upgraded with a 70MB version and part Two\Three will be added shortly with 50 MB each
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
MrMew A good variety selected, though possibly an addition of more idle soundtracks could be of benefit, and other tones. I say you could of at least doubled the size of the file, my current internet can handle it. Also I recognised one of the songs, possibly from a Lord Basse or HockeySam18 scenario
Cataphract887
Official Reviewer
File Author
Yeah i tried a 180 MB file with 76 tracks selected but the acting BS Administrator came to me with a plea that i reduce it down to 80 or maybe 40 MB

Some quiet ambient tracks is definitely a good idea. Many of these are pretty intense and over the top for constant playing. For these tracks i only reviewed files with a combination of 1+ minute in length and high file size

Edit;do you mean ambient noise like forests and city traffic? I would like to make some of those, and call the file something like "ambient noise collection" in the future here

[Edited on 03/29/17 @ 05:41 PM]

iLikeHell I think a good idea would be to reduce all files to a very low sound quality and reload it into one smaller file. They now hold only so much memory and if someone wanted to use them he must reduce himself the quality
Cataphract887
Official Reviewer
File Author
No, the quality has often been reduced already by previous authors and is low enough as is.

You are not intended to use the entire pack in your scenario. Take 2-3 tracks you like and use them, and the file size is not so much of a problem.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
This Music Pack by Cataphract887 is one part of a three part series that compiles a collection of musical scores from the best AOKH scenarios, in order for you to use them in your scenarios.

As the title explains these muscial scores are the best of AOKH, that being they are taken from the soundtracks of some of the best designers and the best scenarios that can be found in the AOKH Blacksmith. These musical scores are incredibly useful for scenario designers as they vary in style and genre, allowing for any designers, designing any campaign to be able to use this music pack. The Mp3 files have been remastered in order to make them the best quality yet still keeping their size down. The music is a good length, long enough to be used on their own, but also short enough that they can be lopped for longer period of a scenario. Cataphract887 has also taken the time to rename the files to explain what sort of musical sound each file supplies. There have been many files uploaded to the blacksmith with sound files, but the majority of them contain sound effects, and not music, so this utility is definitely useful for designers who are struggling to find appropriate music for their scenarios.

Thanks Cataphract for this useful Music Pack
Possidon

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0