Mod Packs » Extended Terrains Mod 1.1

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Extended Terrains Mod 1.1

Author File Description
WAIFor
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
This is an example of adding new terrains and using Gizmo. I broke hardcode of fixed 42 terrains, picked terrain textures and trees from HD Edition. There are 41 original terrains and 26 new terrains.

Extract all files into the directory of AOKTC. Run age2_newter.exe, open scenario editor, and see what's new.

I used Gizmo for loading the patch dll. See scripts for how it works in detail.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Admiral_Loki Could you animating the new Rice Farms with the Userpatch 1.5 ?

Your work is very amazing.
WAIFor
File Author
Sounds good, but where can I get UP 1.5? It seems not released now.
Cataphract887
Official Reviewer
I am confused;Do they replace old terrains?
WAIFor
File Author
To Cataphract887:
No, I didn't replace terrains, there are only 41 old terains, and all of them included in this.
I used borders, obsoleted data, for new terrains. Then removed border loading code.
chiruscan Are there any bugs?
WAIFor
File Author
To chiruscan:
Yes, new terrains have moving bugs. movements of units don't work well.
Jineapple Hi WAIFor, this is quite impressive, good job! A question about converting the HD terrains to the normal slp format: I can change the perspective fine, however when I use Turtle Pack's bitmap format conversion, my colors get distorted a bit. How did you avoid that?
Steve444 Hi WAIFor!

I really liked your terrains and would like to add them to my game, but I have some doubts:

How do I add it to my already modified .dat? Is there any tutorial on how to add new terrains?

It's just that I've put together several mods from Blacksmith in a single mod (I do not use the HD version) and I'd like to add only a few terrains, not all. I'm learning how to use Genied and TurtlePack as well.

Can you help me with this? Thank you very much in advance. :)

Sorry for my bad english.
Leif Ericson
Staff
My guess is that this mod only modifies your terrain.drs file, and it won't touch your .dat files. Try backing up all the modified files and then run the .exe installer for this modpack. Then, check and see if it added the terrains and left the rest of your mod intact. If not, let me know and I can give some steps that will install this mod manually.
Steve444 Hi Leif Ericson!

I did what you suggested and I saw that you're right. But is that my mod is a separate mod from Conquerors (the original game gets the new terrains, but my mod in the Games folder is not affected). I would like to know how to make these new terrains appear in my mod and also would like to know how to select only some of these terrains (I use the RVA farms). But thanks for the answer. :)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:572
Favorites: [Who?]3
Size:6.27 MB