Author File Description
Howerds
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Required Modpack (if not included with the download): Userpatch v1.5
Style: Mix
Number of scenarios: 2
Screenshot:
Hi, this is Howerds from Hawkaoc. This is the campaign I made 3 years ago but I finally translated it into English, and adjusted it with the new UserPatch 1.5 features. I hope you would like it~~~

=========================================================

"What is it beyond that mountain?" Asked Wendy the young princess.
"It's the Sea." Answered Macius her mentor.
"So... how does the sea look like?"
"Hmmm, that should be told by your own eyes."

Wendy grown up. However, she never saw the sea by her own eyes. She didn't even have a chance to step out of her palace. The old king didn't want her only child to face any trouble.
The back garden of the palace is still so boring. Inside or outside the city, pale figures wondered hurriedly, without a stop to meditate. At this moment, what would a dreamful girl plan?

Please check this link for the trailer:
https://youtu.be/K13kanDMoYE

Features:
- About 4000 triggers in total.
- A Fairy Tale style story-line, fantastic yet humorous.
- Tasks with all kinds of innovated mechanisms. Never will you get bored.
- Bunches of Puzzles to twist your mind.
- (Chapter II) With vast freedom. Explore the sandbox.
- Elaborate Map design and special Travelogue quests. Visit the real Wonderland.
- Splendid visual effects.
- Melodic music.
- (Caution!)High difficulty, driving you crazy!
- Apply new features of UserPatch 1.5!

Notice: This campaign should be run with Usepatch 1.5. Please see the "Read me.txt" document packed with the campaign file for how to install.

Enjoy!

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Howerds
File Author
Notice: (For Those who downloaded the old version) There's an error in the "Read me" File:

Step 3: Place my file "Wendy's Wonderland.cpx" in the folder "Campaign".

Instead of putting it into "Campaign", please put it into "Scenario".

Sorry about that.

If you download after this comment, please neglect it, because I update the file.

[Edited on 01/13/18 @ 06:44 PM]

Boujack I wish I could enjoy it, but I really do not like campaigns that are not built and destroyed. A pity, looks good.
tryotryotryo I strongly recommend this Campaign. Especially those puzzles in Chapter II are well-designed and very interesting. I bet no other campaign has done these before.

[Edited on 01/14/18 @ 05:41 AM]

Sloven Not bad, it is not an ordinary campaign. There are a few bugs. For example, the trigger when the girls play that game with relics. The moment it starts, it says that you won the game. Also, a part with the wind and the elephant. The wind works only one time, and after that it doesn`t work.
Howerds
File Author
To Solven: I am sorry for those bugs. Could you tell me what aoc version you used? This campaign should be run in aoc 1.0 c installed with userpatch 1.5, and it goes well according to my test.
Cataphract887
Official Reviewer
This is certainly a worthwhile to play campaign that is interesting, and I will try to play it through at some point. However, the english level is a bit of a barrier to enjoying the story and understanding the game objectives.
TheAwesomeAlex whenever i start the game. and the first text shows up. my game crashes, i even have the userpatch 1.5 installed
Usamah Aghis I've played this few months ago, died right after discovering the secret passage and that's the farthest I've got so far.... But man! Gotta love this scenario! Fav'd!
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Wendy's Wonderland is a two scenario campaign by Howerds which follows a princess named Wendy as she longs for adventure in her fictional kingdom. The campaign was originally created in Chinese but has been translate to English by the author and uploaded here.

Playability: 4
The campaign is a bit of a mixed back. On the most part I really enjoyed the story and creative aspects of the game, it had much excitement and unique gameplay mechanics which are mostly strengthened by the creative puzzles and action. There is a good mix of styles from ROPG elements to Fixed Force and many challenging Puzzles. On the hand it was very frustrating, and many parts were tedious and got on my nerves. The English level in the translation is also a barrier and certainly weakens the impact of the story as well. Overall though, despite the 4000+ triggers that the author boasts to have written for this campaign, it runs really smoothly and is an enjoyable experience. If the game wasn't quite so frustrating in areas and the translation was a little better this would score a perfect 5, but alas I must settle for a 4 due the few shortcomings.

Balance: 3
This is definitely the campaign's lowest score. The author warned that the scenario is challenging, but this was on a level unprecedented. And that's not just in the fights, duels and battles, but the frustratingly difficult puzzles as well. Many require quick thinking, fast reactions and intense micromanagement. I found myself saving almost every minute of the scenario as everything was so fiendishly frustrating I didn't want to die and have to do it again. Yes more experience players and those who really excel at puzzles will find this much less of struggle but the average player will probably give up if they don't have the patience to keep trying. Even the challenges that aren't necessarily difficult are annoying, such as the challenge to escape the castle right at the beginning of the first scenario. You have to find your way out without being seen by the guards but they cover almost even square of the city so you have to walk very precisely not to be seen otherwise you get sent back right to the start again. If you are a second too early or late you are caught, and if you go a square too far left or right you are caught. It just got annoying in the end.

Creativity: 5
This is the campaign's strongest area. There are many creative ideas and trigger tricks in the two scenarios which make effective use of the new features of UserPatch and the UP effect. Each element of the gameplay is unique, every puzzle is a complete revelation to gameplay and the RPG elements such as special abilities, are al novel touches to the gameplay experience. There are clever duels which are far more that the standard hack and slash 1v1 fights often seen in these types of games. The story is pretty solid as well and it is refreshing to see a fantasy RPG scenario in which the protagonist is a female princess rather than a male warrior.

Map Design: 4
The campaign transports the player in Wonderland, the fictional kingdom of Princess Wendy and all of its beautiful wonder. The design is really well implemented and there is much to see. From the bustling towns and cities to the vast desert and woodlands bustling with wildlife. In the second scenario you will encounter Apricot Village which is a town built in the sea. The design are all pretty decent and there is nice terrain mixing and use of eye candy. There are some aspects that are a bit of sight for sore eyes such as the endless amounts of bridges used to make the town on the water, although I understand this is necessary for the story.

Story/Instructions: 4
The story is a great fantasy telling of a young girl's longing for adventure, but her overprotective father has kept her locked in the castle to protect her from what lies beyond the walls. Every day she dreams of the sea and what lie beyond, building up an idea of a wonderland that her kingdom lies inside. Eventually one day she escapes and goes on an adventure to see what her wonderland is truly like. The story is a great setup and plays out nicely through the campaign. It is well written although it can be incredibly hard to follow. This is unfortunately down to the English translation. We can forgive the author for not being a native English speaker, and this is a good attempt a translating a campaign but perhaps some additional help from native speaker would have really helped the flow of the text and help the player really immerse themselves in the great story. This also counts for the instructions as well will were a little difficult to understand at times and I definitely believe more hints are needed, particularly in the puzzle sections.

Additional Comments:
Overall this is a great fantasy campaign which is highly original in both story and gameplay aspects. Despite the bad translation to English if you are prepared to power through that and the frustrating challenges then this is definitely a worthy campaign to download and play.

Thanks
Possidon

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0