Single Player Scenarios » The Fall of Constantinople

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Fall of Constantinople

Author File Description
Shaytana
File Details
Version: Age of Kings 1.0
Style: Fixed Force
This is a HIGHLY detailed scenario depicting the Fall of Constantinople. The map is the ACTUAL map of Constantinople at the time made as accurately as possible with the AOK engine.(i even added Galata the neutral Genoese settlement for accuracy) A lot of historical info is used here and there are a lot of triggers involved. I have posted this scenario in an attempt to show how a "historical" scenario should look like. This version would have been even more detailed if i had the time(hey i m a perfectionist :))I hope you enjoy it :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Altor This one's good, the map design is great and it's quite challenging as well. Also the "intro" is good, with the emissary riding to the wall etc. Well i'm not going to give anything else away, but this one's good
The King! It is hard to compare any level two the master level
(THE FALL OF CONSTANTINOPLE)
This Map is MAD detailed and well laid out.
in a 1 to 10 rating I give it a BIG FAT 10

PLEASE make more levels!

THE KING
Bannion Absolutely Incredible! The detail is magnificent, the feel of a real, breathing middle ages city is truly wonderful, and even though i finished on my first try, it was still a challenge, and was so masterfully done that i can't help but play it again! Shaytana, make more scenarios, or better yet a campaign soon, please?
Borschty An exceptional scenario. The city construction itself must've taken hours. The triggers are great and really keep you interested. It's a little hard, but that just sweetens the pot. I recommend that anyone who likes single player historically accurate scenarios download and play this one.
DSC This was well done, i like the way that you made it so that you would constantly recieve new units until the enemy has killed 700 men (that's a lot!). If i were to rate this i would give it a: Creativity: 5 since it's one of the first to give trigger made units to the player Balance: 5 it's pretty tough and it's challenging, AND it's possible to beat Map Design: 4.5 it's ovious that it took you a lot of time to do this and that it's not a random map :) playability: 4 playing it a couple times is fun, but after the city's been explored and destroyed multiple times, it's no longer fun :( But playing it a few times is still enjoyful Story/instuctions: 4, good story and instructions, and has a history too :) OVERALL score: 4.5 this was a well done scenario. It was fun to play, had a nicely done city (not one thrown together in 5 seconds) was challenging and possible to beat. There was also a good job done on the triggers, other then AOK punk's multiplayer scenario, this has the best triggers that i have seen. I would recommend this scenario to anyone that hates building up and likes a challenge. :) good job!
Phalanx77 There at at least 10 other scenarios that retell the Fall of Constantinople,but this one is probablly the best one.It's extremly historically accurate,and a lot of people,including myself,look of this in a scenario.The trigger system really stands out from the very beginning in this one (I learned how to make triggers myself from it) and the map is VERY detailed and the gameplay itself is challanging.By the way,don't listen to that sam guy.He's a total fool for not liking this scenario!
Mystic Well, that's what I call a well-made level. I really appreciate it if someone tries to make a campaign, or scenario, for this matter, as historically accurate as possible, and this scenario may be added to the elite list of people who succeeded doing this. Keep up the good work!

--Mystic
Arizona This is a great scenario hope to see more like it in the future keep up the good work.
J.P. This is really good; the map is superb and is probably the most detailed map that's been made for a scenario. You really get the feel of the magnificient triple wall defense of Constantinople, something that is harder to achieve than it sounds. Breaching the walls is very difficult, as it should be. The only gripe I have at is that I wish we could have more units for the Ottomans and the Byzantines, but unfortunately the scenario editor in AOK does not allow for over 75 units. But this is a small oversight, the triggers and detail and overall gameplay make this download a highly recommended one. Future authors who want to make Constantinople scenarios should look to this one, because this is the yardstick to compare all the rest to.
Keivan Wow, this is the best map and scenario ive ever played on, the Istanbul
city is done exacly like Constantinople was under the Byzintines. Well, ive just downloaded
Saladins Beirut. I hope it is as good as this one.

PLease create more scenarios like this but do not let the enemy win because you lost to many men, it is the fun part of
lossing men=).
Keep up the good work
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown