Download File Post Review Post Comment

Christmas Morning

Author File Description
Yogurt
File Details
Version: Age of Kings 1.0
Christmas Morning
by Yogurt

The Frank family is waking up to a blustery Christmas morning, but there's not much that can contain the enthusiasm of the Frank children. A single player scenario.

IMPORTANT: If you're not the type to read all the instructions, read this. Please make sure your game speed is set to Normal and your CD music volume is set to zero before starting the game. The scenario's triggers are synchronized with sound effects, but this synchronization only works at Normal speed.

Contact Information
-------------------

You can reach me at yogurt@myrealbox.com. If you enjoy the level, please let me know.

This scenario and others may be found at http://members.home.net/tim.mitchell/scenarios/. In 2000, I hope to open a larger site at http://redrival.com/yogurt/ and you may find more information there.

Merry Christmas!

Yogurt
Tim Mitchell
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Version 1.0 - December 11, 1999
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Lizard This scenario is funny the first time, but ONLY the first time. Yes, is true, it has got imagination, but it could be much better.
There are few secrets and they don't make you laugh.
If i have to say something good of this scenario is the snow effect and the hockey game. Only that.
But, if you are angry with someone, you can calm your murderer insctincts by killing Jimmy.
ThisNameWorked2 Yes, i agree, it's only good the first time... but WHAT A FIRST TIME!!! A great scenario (more of a cutscene really) will become a classic for sure. BTW, the hockey players were a stroke of genius.
Cherub Lobby
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Pacing5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Takes the prize so far for the funniest AOK scenario yet. It is all over in minutes but you will be humming “Let it Snow” for days! It seems wrong to give a perfect score for a scenario that is so short but it just hits the spot sooo nicely! (I saw this before Christmas and it is quite seasonal). From the flashing lights to the final hockey game this will keep you thoroughly intrigued all the way! In such a tiny scenario the author has challenged all other designers with his creativity with at least 4 things I did not realize were possible in the editor. I guarantee you will play this scenario at least 6 times!
Gryphon Wow! That was sooo entertaining! I loved,
it! I'm looking foward to more yogurt!

KEEP IT COMEING
Tonto_jlmk Cherub Lobby said you must play it 6 times! Wrong big guy. You msut play it 666666666666666666666666 times! That's what I did!
tewmuwchin this ROCKS!!!!!!!!!.............this is funny,but it coulndt be better(wat do you expect from a cut-scene scenario?this was the funniest game i ever played!!!!!!!!!!
_Mjollnir_ This is a cool scenario...in an odd way...actually i was quite unimpressed by the hockey game...i made a football game in a scenario im making right now (i dont know if ill post it or not) and its much better than this game which does look exactly like "dancing pikemen"...nevertheless and excellently imaginitive scenario...
Enrique Orduno I enjoyed it when it was released. I played it again and I still enjoy it. Yogurt sure made a good job making this one.
The Mongol Monk My brother, Lizard, didn't enjoy this scenario. Yogurt has made pieces of art like the "FINAL HOUR", but this scenario is too short and the map design is poor. There are few secrets, no fun and no gameplay.I really don't know why the AOK Heaven Team clasified it into the best of AOK.
I'm telling my opinion, some people can enjoy it, why not?

[Edited on 07/13/08 @ 10:32 PM]

Ingo van Thiel IMHO, Christmas Morning deserved what it got for its sheer ingenuity. The AoK rating system is good, but there are some pieces of work that don't fit the system. What to do? Blame the scenario because it doesn't fit the categories? Blame the categories because they don't fit the scenario? Or simply bend the categories? I'd go for the third way, so I second Cherub Lobby's decision to give this a 5.0.

Christmas Morning broke new ground when it came out. Let's not forget that. If it was posted today, it might not score as high - the tricks it brought about have become common knowledge now, and we're taking them for granted. But to mark the work down for that today would be as ignorant as saying "the light bulb wasn't such an original thing to invent... I've seen it dangle from the ceiling in every household."
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Pacing5.0