Single Player Scenarios » The Tale of Minothar Preview

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Tale of Minothar Preview

Author File Description
AoK Dragon Team
File Details
Version: Age of Kings 1.0
Style: Mix
The Tale of Minothar is the story about what happened in Middle Earth after the fall of Sauron. Although this scenario is based on JRR Tolkien's books, most of the names don't refer to the characters used by him.
This is the preview of my upcoming campaign The Tale of Minothar. It gives you an idea how the campaign will look like, and what the story will be (although a lot more complicated than this one). The preview has also a sound pack and 2 music packs. When selecting the link doesn't work to download the files, try right clicking them, and select save goal as.
Soundpack
soundtrack 1
soundtrack 2

Please download this, each file is approxematly 3Mb. They add feeling to the scenario, you'll experience it in its full glory.
I won't tell you anything about the story, it's for you to guess what it will be, and I can say that this scenario only reveals a small part of it.
Please send feedback and suggestions to Rodrigo
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Shadows A very well made scenario that I suggest any RPG player should play. This scenario has it all, Map design at its finest, storyline and great trigger work. I do not understand why anyone would not want to play this beautiful made scenario....

Good Job Rodrigo, much improvement from TGJC..
Agamemnon Holy Crapidakus!

THIS has got to be the most freaking awesome scenario design I've seen since Mark Stoker's and Ingo's campaigns! This awesome piece of map design art really wins an arm wrestle match, smashing Mark Stoker's and even Ingo's Hand of Map Designing so hard, it nearly cracks the table! And I thought Ingo was "The Rock" of AoK map design!

A job pretty Draconianly-well done, AoK Dragon!
Rodrigo I have noticed that the language.dll file of this scenario has some problems. I suggest to everyone to not install it, because it may cause AoK to crash. I'm very sorry to everyone who had this problem, if you don't know how to fix it, send me a mail, and I will provide you with info on how to get your normal language.dll back, or I can send you the English, German or French version of it.
Agamemmnon Um, well ok, I realized that I over-praised you on this scenario, Rodrigo. TKBM is the best campaign out there, IMO. But the map design on THIS scenario ranks among the most fabulous I've ever seen; talk about a jungle out there! Well Rodrigo, you should have noticed something earlier.

Your links to your MP3 sound files do not work.
Rodrigo I think they work, if you follow the instructions named in the description. Or there could be something wrong with Geocities again. Thanks for telling, and your comments also of course :)
A really fair tester Haha this scenario i played it over and over again
Shadows
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
This scenario IMHO is one of the best I have seen. It tells of a classic tale wrote from the famous Tolkien, who created such titles such as the Hobbit..and the Lord of the Rings.

PLAYABILITY: I found that this scenario created a comfortable setting, beautiful design and a interesting aspects. Therefore, I found myself having no problem playing this great scenario serval times over.

BALANCE: This is the shaky area of the scenario. It all depends if you do some of the side quests, if the scenario will be difficult for you. If you (for example) help the villagers in the beginning of the scenario, you will recieve a small army for travel.

CREATIVITY: Interesting in some aspects, and in some other aspects was not interesting. Such things like dark areas or cursed areas..which you are not allowed to enter..were interesting, but also annoying at times. The dried up river, and the beautiful swamps were a creative way of creating such different ideas.

MAP DESIGN: Absolutely wonderful. Not many flaws, though some areas were not of beauty, most were creative and great looking regions. Such areas like the dried up river, the swamps and the beginning town with the man walking on water. Much effort was put into this map, as I can tell..and I must say it looks wonderful.

STORY/INSTRUCTIONS: Of course, what do you expect me to say. This story was based on something wrote by Tolkien, changed into the AoK world. I found myself involved, and very curious what would happen next. The intructions were very easy to understand. They explained what to do, and how to do it. There was even sub-quests on the intructions, along with a item bag.

Overall I would say this is one of the best scenarios I have played. A most impressive improvement from his previous works. SO download this, try this great scenario and be amazed.
Art Of Black Really great scenario. Yes, I noticed the language.dll problem and the Aok did crash. Looking forward to download more of this.
cavfancier I'm just downloading the music files now, but I did take a peek at the cutscene. The little bit I have seen so far looks fantastic, and I'm looking forward to playing it properly once I have the 2 soundtracks. Hope the full campaign is ready soon!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0