Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction

Author File Description
Angel Mark
(id: Mark Stoker)
File Details
Version: Age of Kings 1.0
Style: Mix
Number of scenarios: 7
"Tamerlane moved like a whirlwind through Asia, commanding both fear and awe throughout the world. Rising to power in 1369 on the ruins of the Mongol Empire, his great armies criss-crossed Asia from Delhi to Moscow, conquering and re-conquering, razing some cities, sparing others. His activity was relentless and unending. His fame spread quickly to Europe, where he remained for centuries a figure of romance and horror."

"Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction" is a seven-scenario campaign about Tamerlane, the last of the great nomad conquerors. In this campaign you must lead Tamerlane as he rises from the chief of a small Mongol tribe to the conqueror of the Middle East. More information can be found on the SCN Punk website (www.scnpunk.com).

FEATURES:
- Six playable scenarios
- One cut-scene scenario
- Seven soundtracks
- Fun yet historically accurate gameplay
- Battle scenes that don't lag
- Supports all difficulty levels
- Game style is a combination of role-playing, fixed-force, and build-and-destroy.

This campaign also includes an 8.3Mb Music Pack. It is not required, but please download it if you have a fast connection. This campaign includes music from the following albums:

"Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears
"BraveHeart" soundtrack
"Caravan" by Kronos Quartet
"The Edge" by Gnomusy
"Gladiator" soundtrack
"Music of the Crusades" by The Early Music Consort of London

This music is for sampling use only. Please do not copy it or circulate it among your friends. If you really like the music, go out and buy the CDs. All of these CDs are great, except maybe one of them ;-)

CREDITS:

Campaign Designer: Mark Stoker (member of SCN Punk Team)

Playtesters: Bob Michaels, Crusader14, EUIX, Freedumb, Gray Wolf, The Great Alexander, Manowar, Strider, and Transcora

Additional Credits:
- Beatrice Forbes Manz: Author of "The Rise and Rule of Tamerlane" (used to research the history for this campaign).
- The Downward Spiral: For letting me use some music and sounds from "The Nexus" campaign.
- The Rasher: "Map Tricks" scenario.
- Steve Ryan: For letting me use some sounds from the "Legend" campaign.
- Strider: For helping me find some great music.
- Sybex: Official Scenario Design Toolkit.

Mark Stoker - SCN Punk Team

For The Conquerors Expansion, Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction - TC Edition

For more of the author's work click Here and Here
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Avatar What can I say? This is the greatest campaign i've seen. Well worth the download time. The maker of this map should seriously consider writing screenplays for Hollywood movies. Impressive introductory scenes on the first scenario. Triggers are perfect. Nothing is truly wrong with this one.
Sirian Knight I was downloading the zip while reading the comments. Now i can't wait anymore. Sounds like a really good campaign. My compliments to the creators. From Italy, Sirian Knight
The Conquistador This is by far the best campaign I have ever played! It is so good that I think it can beat any of ES's campaigns any day of the week. It was originally this campaign that gave me a lot of ideas to use for my campaigns. Great job, Mark!
The Downward Spiral
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Alright, I know what you're thinking. "Another SCN PUNK submission with a 5.0! They are so overrated!" Well I don't care! Because this campaign deserves it by far! Before I deal with any of that nonsense, I want you to play this campaign from start to finish. When I first saw it I thought it'd be one of those boring build and destroy/historical campaigns. Well I sure was wrong. Ingo van Thiel, watch out! You've got some competition. Mark Stoker has just created a campaign that will revolutionize the scenario designing community forever.

First off, the campaign's Playability was great. Its not only a build and destroy campaign... a lot of other treats are thrown in. However, for you build and destroy lovers, you'll have a ball playing this campaign. Don't get me wrong, its not strictly build and destroy. It is a mix of RPG, RPS, FF, B&D... everything!

Next, "Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction's" Balance was literally perfect. If you read the review system, it states that a well balanced scenario is a scenario that is hard, but possible. Well this campaign definitely fits that description. All of the scenarios are very challenging, but with some effort the campaign is very well possible.

Mark Stoker put quite a bit of Creativity into this campaign. There were a few concepts in the campaign that I have never seen before. For instance, I loved how you could constantly choose what to do. You didn't just get one objective to carry out, you had a choice of several objectives. According to what road you chose, the outcome differs. I liked how in the second scenario how you could choose what city you wished to build your base in. I also liked how Mark implemented several "Bonus" mission objectives into the campaign.

The one thing that astonishes me in ALL of Mark Stoker's campaigns is his brilliant talent in Map Design. No matter what anyone says, I'll still say that Mark Stoker has THE best talent in the map design department. Just look at his maps, you'll be amazed. He uses loads of eye candy, and uses the tools ES provided him to make the map design beautiful.

Lastly, the historical campaign's Story/Instructions were pulled off amazingly. I was so surprised as to how a historical campaign such as "Tamerlane, Prince of Darkness," included a deep story, alternating points of view, character personalities and character interaction, and a hilarious bit of humor in it. I was cracking up during the Britney Spears bash. That was just hilarious, Mark. Although the story follows a real time in history, you still feel the plot as if it was a fantasy. And man... that one "prison scene" was really funny. I'm still laughing... Haha.

In conclusion, this is one of the best (if not the best) campaign ever made. Mark Stoker includes brilliant map design, an incredible fun factor, a deep plot (not to mention custom music which really lets you feel the mood), nicely made bitmaps at the start of each mission, and a amusing (yet professional) bit of humor all in one campaign. Download "Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction" NOW! If you don't you're obviously a fool. Great job, Mark Stoker and SCN PUNK Team!
Siw Great campaign, man!!! I love the intro and the triggers. How did you it? By the way, what other campaign did you guys make. Let me know so I can download them right away. Keep up the good work!!!
Dave Yeah this one is good.

Difficult to pick between this and Ingo's offerings.

There seems to be a tiny glitch in that, at the dock and siege workshop you must build one of everything if you want to upgrade. Otherwise you lose it for the rest of the game. Might be just me or my system. Dunno.

Didn't care, this is a truly superior campaign and easy gets 5/5. Keep 'em coming.
CP-Aragon So far so good, I was just wondering what is supposed to happen in the first scenario after Tamerlane says to kill them all. When I played it, it just stopped. I mean it wasn't frozen, just nothing happened. Maybe bad dload? Could someone let me know?
Spi I adore this campaign! Hard but still winable, goes far beyond of what we are used to play. Excellent (and very smart) triggers plus good music create a heroic atmosphaer, one you can't withstand. I just started playing it all over again, it's much better than anything I've seen so far. Congrats for your super-professional campaign and your historical accuracy. Wonderfull work!
Diego Definitely the best campaing I've ever played. Good story, good triggers, good characters. I just feel sorry for Miyamoto, he didn't mean to betray Tamerlane, but well, who can stand againt Britney Spers?
You should download it ASAP!
The Conquistador I have recently downloaded the "Ottoman Onslaught" campaign and I could tell that you've come a long way from that with Tamerlane. Keep up the good work!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0