Projects » Baldur's Gate Beta

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Baldur's Gate Beta

Author File Description
SwordForTheLord
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Only
This is a large RPG following the Game of the Year from 2001, Baldur's Gate. No prior knoweldge of BG is necessary, but will add to the enjoyment because of the references. It currently has two main PC character paths to choose from, a handful of NPCs with their own special abilities, a gradient leveling system, and plenty of hours of side-quests to be played. It is nearing completion, so stay tuned on the forums for the final release. Feedback appreciated.

This Version: 112 (as of 12-20-2004)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Nameless_One2004 Do you have a IM service at all? I have a list of bugs and problems which are current. Just trying to help. I loved the map, It's very close to BG. Good Work
Druid_King2 are you going to make a multiplayer version?
i hope you do
SwordForTheLord
File Author
At this point, I do not have plans to, as it would require an extensive remake of the game. Depending on the success of the final release, I may consider it. I have a fair amount of work to do yet, but I'll, make a new thread regarding my progress. Remember to check my signature for version updates.
sSc_Cobra007 I can say I loved it. The only problem it is, there are certain points when you save, your game crashes. And I was wondering if the Mod of MeD could fit this scenario.
SwordForTheLord
File Author
Update to my progress:

It has certainly been a long time. I have been away from this game for nearly a year, but I intend on returning.

The current version you can download has one major flaw in it. Thanks to all those people who helped me out back then, and thanks for checking back in with my project. Let me know if you have any more ideas.

~SwordForTheLord

[Edited on 09/08/05 @ 10:58 PM]

watchwood Finally. I've been waiting for that mage path to be done for a long time.
SwordForTheLord
File Author
Here is the link to the latest forum discussion regarding this scenario.

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=35869&st=recent&f=4,35869,0,20

To remind everyone, it works just fine if done in two sittings, just don't try to save a second time, or it will crash.

[Edited on 09/08/05 @ 10:57 PM]

blastradius14 I have messed around some with the scenario and found that if you were to change Control of the various buildings and NPCs you want to stand still to Gaia with triggers, and make all the playable belong to one of the towns, you could make it multiplayer, with everyone playing as player 1. That way, everyone could level up the same. Dunno what to do about the start though.

Still doesn't seem to be a way to stop the second save crash.
WildCardDoW It is to bad that the crash bug slowed the campaign's progress, an extremely enjoyable campaign.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,103
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:262.56 KB
Added:04/17/04