Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction - TC Edition

Author File Description
Angel Mark
(id: Mark Stoker)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
Number of scenarios: 7
This version of "Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction" requires the Conquerors expansion pack. If you do not own the expansion pack, please download the standard AoK version.

"Tamerlane moved like a whirlwind through Asia, commanding both fear and awe throughout the world. Rising to power in 1369 on the ruins of the Mongol Empire, his great armies criss-crossed Asia from Delhi to Moscow, conquering and re-conquering, razing some cities, sparing others. His activity was relentless and unending. His fame spread quickly to Europe, where he remained for centuries a figure of romance and horror."

"Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction" is a seven-scenario campaign about Tamerlane, the last of the great nomad conquerors. In this campaign you must lead Tamerlane as he rises from the chief of a small Mongol tribe to the conqueror of the Middle East.

FEATURES:
- Six playable scenarios
- One cut-scene scenario
- Seven soundtracks
- Fun yet historically accurate gameplay
- Battle scenes that don't lag
- Supports all difficulty levels
- Game style is a combination of role-playing, fixed-force, and build-and-destroy.

This campaign also includes an 8.3Mb Music Pack (This is the same music pack that is used in the AoK version of this campaign. If you have already downloaded it, you do not need to download it again). It is not required, but please download it if you have a fast connection. This campaign includes music from the following albums:

"Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears
"BraveHeart" soundtrack
"Caravan" by Kronos Quartet
"The Edge" by Gnomusy
"Gladiator" soundtrack
"Music of the Crusades" by The Early Music Consort of London

This music is for sampling use only. Please do not copy it or circulate it among your friends. If you really like the music, go out and buy the CDs. All of these CDs are great, except maybe one of them ;-)

CREDITS:

Campaign Designer: Mark Stoker (member of SCN Punk Team)

Playtesters (AoK version): Bob Michaels, Crusader14, EUIX, Freedumb, Gray Wolf, The Great Alexander, Manowar, Strider, and Transcora

Playtesters (TC version): AKM_3, Cat, GR8guy, RoyalLord, and The Red Chimp

Additional Credits:
- Beatrice Forbes Manz: Author of "The Rise and Rule of Tamerlane" (used to research the history for this campaign).
- The Downward Spiral: For letting me use some music and sounds from "The Nexus" campaign.
- The Rasher: "Map Tricks" scenario.
- Steve Ryan: For letting me use some sounds from the "Legend" campaign.
- Strider: For helping me find some great music.
- Sybex: Official Scenario Design Toolkit.

Mark Stoker - SCN Punk Team

For more of the author's work click Here and Here
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The Conquistador This remade version of Tamerlane is better than ever! It's a lot better than the original. However, you included the file "enchanted forest" along with the campaign, and you didn't mention it. Nothing wrong, of course. :)
The Conquistador This remade version of Tamerlane is better than ever! It's a lot better than the original. However, you included the file "enchanted forest" along with the campaign, and you didn't mention it. Nothing wrong, of course. :)
DSC this is basically the same as the original one.. but with tweaks to make it suitable for TC play..

BTW, the enchanted forest random map thing is in here too =P
new guy Thanks Punk team, I never got to play the Tamerlane campain due to basic training. I loved your earier works so I knew this would be good but I didn't know It would be the best homemade campain around.
YOU GUYS RULE!!!!
new guy who is this guy stan? he is almost everywhere reviewing stuff unfortunately he sucks at making campains
dt i like your campaign it's the best i have only one bug
if the scout is going out the transport ship he can't walk (sometimes)
Mighty Paladin
(id: Mighty_Paladin)
Well what can i say

WONDERFUL WORK!!!!!!!!
THIS REALLY IS THE BEST CAMPAIGN EVER DONE TO AOK.

By the way i am doing a campaign called "Captured!" and i wonder if i can use some of your soundfiles to it. Where do you find all soundfiles?? do you record them by yourself??

Thanks for many funny hours!
CerberusXXL
Official Reviewer
Amazing, totally absorbing campaign...
Be prepared for late nights, meals untasted, school or business unattended.
Cat
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
I must say that this campaign is One of the best I have ever seen. The TC version adds new units and civs for you and Mark's eye candy was to die for. It has been a Very long time since I have either playtested or reviewed a campaign this awesome! Way to go Mark I loved everything about this campaign. Since TDS reviewed the Non TC version I am only going to add comments to his other review. So here we go :)

First off, the campaign's Playability was great. Its not only a build and destroy campaign... a lot of other treats are thrown in. It is a mix of RPG, RPS, FF, B&D... everything! T totally agree with TDS 100% on all of this. You have FF, B & D,RPG, RPS all thrown in with a tremendous effect, so that the playability is effortless.

Next, "Tamerlane's Prince of Destruction's" Balance was literally perfect. If you read the review system, it states that a well balanced scenario is a scenario that is hard, but possible. Well this campaign definitely fits that description. All of the scenarios are very challenging, but with some effort the campaign is very well possible to win. I should know, as some of them I played several times and won :) Mark excells in making it hard but winnable, which all great campaigns strive to achieve.

Mark Stoker put quite a bit of Creativity into this campaign. There were a few concepts in the campaign that I have never seen before. For instance, I loved how you could constantly choose what to do. You didn't just get one objective to carry out, you had a choice of several objectives. According to what road you chose, the outcome differs. I liked how in the second scenario how you could choose what city you wished to build your base in. I also liked how Mark implemented several "Bonus" mission objectives into the campaign. I agree with TDS here as well. I enjoyed the "Bonus Mission's as well as choosing the city I wanted to build in. Bravo Mark for giving us things to do and not just a simple campaign.

The one thing that astonishes me in ALL of Mark Stoker's campaigns is his brilliant talent in Map Design. No matter what anyone says,Tds and I still say that Mark Stoker has THE best talent in the map design department. Just look at his maps, you'll be amazed. He uses loads of eye candy, and uses the tools ES provided him to make the map design beautiful.Yes he does TDS and quite well I might add. Mark's eye candy is gorgeous, intricately detailed, that you just love to look at his maps.

Lastly, the historical campaign's Story/Instructions were pulled off amazingly. I was so surprised as to how a historical campaign such as "Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction, TC Version," included a deep story, alternating points of view, character personalities and character interaction, and a hilarious bit of humor in it. I was cracking up during the Britney Spears bash. That was just hilarious, Mark. Although the story follows a real time in history, you still feel the plot as if it was a fantasy. And man... that one "prison scene" was really funny. I'm still laughing... Haha.

In conclusion, this is one of the best campaign's ever made. Mark Stoker includes The most beutiful, brilliant map design that I have ever seen, with an incredible fun factor, a tremendous plot (not to mention custom music which really lets you feel the mood), extremely well made bitmaps at the start of each mission, and an amusing (yet professional) bit of humor all in one campaign. Great job Mark Stoker, and I had a fantastic time reviewing this incredible campaign. I can't wait until the next one. Thank you for letting me have the honor of playtesting and reviewing this magnificent work of art!!! Everyone needs to d/l this one if you haven't already! Now do not wait !!
The Conquistador Great review! Can't say I am surprised, though. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.8