Recent Updates

AI Files » Saiyan_AI

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Saiyan_AI

Author File Description
Dreamer
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This AI is good! Usefull commentary is very welcome!
AI Facts:
- This AI DOES NOT CHEAT! (except on hardest difficulty)
- This AI plays at his best WITHOUT cheating on HARD difficulty.
- This AI is designed for LAND maps.
- This AI has 2 strategies which depend on the difficulty level.
- The AI detects all civilizations, and has for each civilization his own strategy! Some civilizations have two strategies!
- Every Civilization has his own strategy with creating units, doing researches and building buildings.
- If Saiyan_AI still lives after 1 hour and 30 minutes, it will create a lot of units which won’t cost any gold. (pikes, and skirmishers)
- The AI has a good Economy system.
And a lot more.

Other Facts:
- The main “engine” came from PhoenixSupreme.
- Lots of AI’s were killed by Saiyan in tests.
- AI is 100% mine.
- Please read the README File, for all the information you need to let Saiyan_AI work optimal.

Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Gogetto Great AI.
Just what I needed for my Scenario, as one of the CPU players kept getting his butt whooped by a heavily defended enemy that lived right next door.
Sadly, this AI still gets a pounding by him, but not as bad :)
Baja Rajah Are you going to add a dm feature?
_Aragorn_ I love the AI. It is the most challenging AI I've played against. Is There any chance you'll make an updated version? If you do, will you make it Fuedal faster so its fuedal rush is more effective?
Dragon Slayer This was a great AI
Songohan12 The AI is really good, I use it a lot when I play single player, and you're real good at this. One thing though: next one, spell the name right...no offense, but it's spelled saiya-jin
Dreamer
File Author
Thanks for all gives commentary!
I dont gonna make any Death Match AI's because AI's are not any good in that game-type.
I am not sure about any updates, because I think AOK is a bit old now, dont you all agree?
Baja Rajah AoK may be old, but all the new downloads for it is what keeps it alive.
One_Eyed_King
Rating
I would've posted my comments about Saiyan a week ago except I have been too busy playing and enjoying Saiyan. After I have played the feeble, weak, and unchallenging wall-building Duke, Saiyan the Flusher was a welcome breath of fresh air.

In Tournament AI's, Saiyan may finish in the middle of the pack. But against people who play the computer, Saiyan is HIGHLY recommended. It will challenge many newcomers and experienced rookies alike.

It shares a feudal aggressiveness found in Tiger. Where Tiger will try to build (1) forward Outposts, (2) forward Towers, and later (3) low-end army units like Spears and Skirms. Saiyan is slower to feudal, around 16 min with pop 32, but brings a stronger army with upgrades to MAA, gets infantry armor, builds at least 2 barracks and an archery. Saiyan will then send a stream of an early but balanced army of MAA's, Skirms, Spears, and Archers along with villies that skip Outposts and go right for Tower building.

I have found Saiyan to be a most challenging AI. I've tried a fast castle (16:30) and boom against it, and it gives me a very tough time. It will keep the stream of MAA's, Spears, Skirms, and Archers coming 4 at a time. It targets your military buildings first, and unlike some other AI's it will target your villie's.

Likewise its defense is pretty nifty. It sends it balanced over to repel small raids, and for larger raids it will immediately relocate all villies far away from the battle.

What I have found works against it is a moderately fast but strong pop 32-36 sub-20 min Castle. I have an easier time if I skip a Market and Blacksmith (right away) and shoot for a Barracks, Stable, and Archery near each other. Hence I can fight Saiyan's balance with my own balance. As wood allows, I then make a Blacksmith as well as another Barracks and Archery.

It also helps to keep your villies alert and have them attack other vils that try to build towers.

If you are relunctant to build an army, Saiyan will whip you. It will keep that stream of 4 then 8 then 12 then 16 units, etc, coming and coming. So you must hit it head on and reduce his ranks. Send your knights around and take out villies - watch it though because he will sends Spears after you.

I think it is the best land AI that I have encountered in an opponent. I don't give it a 5.0 because there is always room for improvement. I'd like to see it reach feudal a min or 2 earlier, and begin its attack earlier. Also since it spends so much on a prolonged Feudal attack, it won't Castle until 30 min or later - and only then because you have been killing some of its army. Don't thin his ranks, and he'll just save the food and gold to Castle quicker.

When I playtest an AI, I will try to play 8 - 12 games of 1v1 against it in order to provide a thoughtful, deliberate review. I usually play Random Civs, although someone suggested that I set Farmertron to Mayan.

If you want a late Imp battle, go with Phoenix or Farmertron. If you want something slightly better than the default AI, try Dragon. If you want something worse than the AI, try Duke. And if you want a late Feudal attacker, Tiger or Saiyan are wonderful AI's. I counter Tiger's weaker Flush with outposts, awareness, and maybe a flush of my own. I count Saiyan's stronger flush with a strong Castle.

Side note: if you want tips on getting a decent Castle time, you can check out my free 60-page guide:

One-Eyed King's Fast Castle Guide for the Terminally Slow

http://oekfastcastle.4t.com

It may come in handy against Saiyan! Very, very good AI and I can't want for the next revision of it.
Elite Raider My most humble apologies - if I could delete my previous comment I would ! The AI only cheats on hardest, as you stated. Once again - I apologise.
Elite Raider The ai functions pretty well, but please, please, do not claim that it does not cheat (in capital letters mind you).

From your own code, irrespective of difficulty setting :

(defrule
(current-age == dark-age)
=>
(cc-add-resource food 1000)
(cc-add-resource gold 1000)
(cc-add-resource stone 1000)
(cc-add-resource wood 1000)
(disable-self))

(defrule
(current-age == feudal-age)
=>
(disable-self))

(defrule
(current-age == castle-age)
=>
(disable-self))

(defrule
(current-age == imperial-age)
=>
(disable-self))

1000 of every resource at the start of the game and at the start of each age isn't cheating ? It's easy to write an effective ai under these conditions ... but maybe that's what the community wants anyway. I am not criticising you for employing resource cheats, but for advertising so boldly that it does not cheat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:13,290
Favorites: [Who?]1