Mod Packs » India

Download File Post Review Post Comment

India

Author File Description
El Moppo
(id: C J)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This mod PARTIALLY converts the Mesoamerican civs to the Indians and Khmers. The buildings are made using graphics from 'Rise of Nations' and 'Thrones and Patriots', but have been made to the same layout of the AoK buildings. The Castle/Imperial Age building sets are almost complete, only two Feudal Age buildings have been made. A sound file (replaces 'Mayans.mp3' in 'Age of Empires II\Sound\stream') is included and is intended as the Indian music before a game.
Unfortunatly, I cannot animate images well, so I can't make things such as Mills or units (one of which I had intended to be a Mahout), nor do I know how to edit the language.dll file.
I posted this mod so that it may somehow be completed. Though a use may be found for it as it is.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Trisolo
(id: scenario_t_c)
The graphics themselves look quite good. Although I don't own a copy of "Thrones and Patriots" yet but just RON itself, I still greatly appreciate your work.

Meanwhile, I am not an expert in both Indian and Khmer History. However, I had joined a modpack relating to Khmer long time ago. And with this experience, I think the buildings of Khmer should not look like that in your project. You may want to refer to it at this thread in the forum as well as the project site to find out more. (I suggest you to do so, as there are lots of historical information which could be helpful to you.)
SatSam How do I install it???
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
This modpack changes the building set of the Meso american civilizations to the Indian building set of Rise of Nations. Only Castle and Imperial age buildings are done and one or two feudal.

Rating: 4.5

This is a large modpack with dozens of buildings changed, and is as such like a civ. conversion. The building are all superb, as they are taken from another game. I loved the Red Fort, Taj Mahal, Angkor Vat and the watch tower especially.

A few buildings though have a few errors, eg. the dock's bottom part still looks aztec, the wall's shadow is off the mark and a few other shadows are unchanged too. The anchors are all properly placed though.

A slightly disappointing aspect is that the building style is entirely Persian/Mughal style ( with the exception of the monastery and Angkor Vat). That is not exactly exclusive even in North India, and there isn't any representation of East, West, South or Central Indian architecture. But since the makers of RoN made them this way you can hardly do anything about it.

Additional Comments:
A great mod to use for an Indian themed scenario, and I think I'll be making one shortly.
coolscott3 can i install with out the mp3 file?
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
I'm not sure how modpack studio installs it. I myself always decompile with MPS and install with DRSbuild so there is no confusion.
Leenus Olyts Where do i put the .AKX file, can any one please tell me?
todler You must have Mod pack studio installed. But if you have Win 7, probably you can't install it.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Statistics