Recent Updates

Utilities » Ice Terrain

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Ice Terrain

Author File Description
Reyk
File Details
Version: Age of Kings 1.0
Just a plain scenario template consisting of nothing but pure ice.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Hunter I personally believe that this was one of the most pointless
things you can download.

The texture of the map doesn't allow you to place buildings.
So the entire map would have to be fought with just the
units you started with!

In short DONT DOWNLOAD!
Luke (To hunter) If I guess correctly this download was created to allow you to copy Ice terrain to another map for a scenario that you want to creat. Didn't you know you could do that? twit...
Lord Michael I think Luke is right! Reyk is pretty smart! If you are reading this Reyk, or anybody else who is interested, you guys should create more weird and unusuall terrain for people to copy or paste. Who knows, some day Reyk might make so many, that he'll produce a CD called, "Age of Kings: Terrain Modifier"! Anyway, this download is pretty cool, use it if you're going to post your scenarios and/or campaignes on the Internet!
Lord Occam I bet Hunter feels really stupid right about now. I just can't help but add to it. Hunter, you newbie, think before you type. oh yeah, and have a nice day. =)
Genghis Khan Thats cool and its not Pointless its perfect for me because i'm making a campaign about the Viking invasions.
Picard This scenario is cool, but I want to ask one thing. How do I place Ice terrain in scenario builder?
antpocas hey, this file is cool. and sorry Hunter, but this isn't good for you, but it is for map-makers!
reyk This SCN is for copy "ice" in Your own scenario, only for AOK,because TC has its own ice!
rwilde
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.0
Rating: 4

Without downloading this I can say it's a good utility, but there are two issues

1) Ice terrain looks different from all others in AOK, and is unavailable without this utility, but I can get it from many other AoK campaigns (as I have done).

All the same, at the time it was a first. There is no way of getting this terrain without map copying from this or any other scenario that uses it, and it's almost a must for any campaigns, especially with water and snow areas.

2) Now that most people have the expansion, which has ice, it's only useful for ice terrain in AoK Original. Note that it looks different though, and it more suitable for waves and water froth in waterfalls, and for walkable ice, but if you play with AoC the appearance will change, so it's a good idea to warn people not to play it with AoC.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions4.0
Statistics