Recent Updates

Utilities » Unlimited~Food~Farms

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Unlimited~Food~Farms

Author File Description
Ruler of Hell
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This scenario shows you how to create farms with unlimited food. I don't know what it can be used for but people might find it very useful. The food increases faster than it decreases so ultimately it can never end.
Enjoy
Contact at gauravrulz@gmail.com
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
patrickstars nice idea,but i think that lags the computer a little.
Ruler of Hell
File Author
Well in a long term period. But most likely it will be used for cutscenes so they won't be that long.
kevo
(id: kevingamer prime)
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Unlimited Food Farms, by Ruler of Hell, is a very well clever and rather useful little utility that shows a user how to very easily create a farm that will never run out of food. The trick is simple, and in this utility, it is well explained. The timing of the instructions were good and the object of the trick is clear and concise. From the research I've done, this trick is also original. One negative aspectof the scenario is that he could have a better representation of the trick in action, such a a farming village or a similar thing. However, the user can simply use his imagination and still grasp all the same concepts.

Good job, Ruler of Hell!
blastradius14 Why not make the unlimited respawn shorefish? Not only is it faster, but you can have much more villagers working it. Heres the cool part: if you know how you can put them inland hehehe...
zyxomma100
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5
Quality/Instructions3.5
Unlimited~Food~Farms is a self-explanatory Utility that shows how to make a farm so that it can never run out of food. While the trick is surprisingly and ridiculously simple, it is a very useful one that had escaped discovery until fairly recently in the scenario design community.

The trick was explained fairly well, but I personally would have liked to see more work put into the scenario. Perhaps a bit larger map would have been nice, as well as a bit more visually appealing design. However, I thank the author for bringing attention to a simple and useful yet little-known trick.

Overall: 3.5
Good trick, although a bit more work should have been put into the scenario. Download if you don't know how the Unlimited Farm trick is performed, but otherwise I'd suggest you leave it be.

(On a side note, and not affecting this review in any way, this trick was discovered a few months ago by aoc_freako. If any credit is to be doled out, IMO it should go to him instead.)
Magnum Pi
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Rating: 4.5
"Unlimited food farms" is a truely amazing concept that give AoK players a taste of AoM, ever-lasting farms. With this, one doesn't need to worry about having villagers farm early in a scenario and having the farms fade before they are supposed to (i.e. Your main character goes to a farming village half-way through your scenario, if you tasked the farmers too early, the farms will be dead by the time they are seen) Ruler of Hell's method does not involve loopingly creating a farm (the farm would turn invisible if it did). This uniquely discovered trick is very useful for cut scenes (theoretical possibility explained above), or in-game playing. The only reason I'm not giving a 5.0 is because the idea is rather quickly shown and the utility itself is vaguely created. I reccomend the author put his/her concept in a more examplified form. Such as having the player explore through a city where infinite farms and it's uses are put forth.

Additional Comments:

Dispite the scenario's incomplete form, this a utility well-worth the download if you don't already know it. This beautifily useful trick is a must-know for any real scenario designer. Remember my advice and I think the next great discovery will be 5.0! Keep up the good work!

[Edited on 03/31/05 @ 01:02 PM]

Tanks_fst
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Rating: 4.5
"Unlimited~food~farms" is a very usefull utility. It shows how to make a farm never run out of food using simple triggers. When I looked over the triggers I was shocked to find its extremely simple! I give this a 4.5 because it is very usefull and simple to do yourself!

This is a must download!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.3
Quality/Instructions4.3