Single Player Scenarios » Jungle Territories

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Jungle Territories

Author File Description
Daftpanzer
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Other
Your tribe enters the jungles of a foreign land and builds a strong city.... Many other towns are there for the taking, but fierce native tribes fight a civil war for control over the land. Meanwhile, the high council tries to declare a single leader to end the fighting... can your tribe become powerful enough to be chosen???

This is a risk-style map where you must capture territories to earn more gold to build more troops....

REQUIRES USE OF THE ATTACHED AI FILES! please unzip them to your ai folder...

A detailed map with towns and cities, and farmers going about their business. 3 main enemy tribes to fight, as well as 'barbarians', and neutral units to recruit.

The objective is to completely conquer the map, or gain enough influence on the 'high council' to win the vote for leadership ('voting' is using monks!)

Combination of A.I and triggers creates a smooth system for earning and using gold.

Detailed instructions can be found in the objectives in-game.

Although not quite finished yet, id like to share this example of how to create a more advanced risk-style map. Maybe it can give other people some ideas too.

I have plans to update this scenario, and for a whole campaign based on this type of map.

Forum thread is here:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,35767,0,10
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Peej Ok, as stated elsewhere, I'll be reviewing stuff alot now. You are the next lucky winner! I will hopefully work on it tomarrow, but not deffinetly. Anyways, hope you want a review:)
Peej I'm very sory, but I might not get around to this today. maybe tomato

Great news, I'm a downloading!

[Edited on 08/24/05 @ 12:16 PM]

Peej
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Ok, first of all, I really injoyed playing this. It was a great scenario, and 100% worthy of dwloading. Nice Job :)

Playability: 5
This was really fun to play. I didn't do one of those realy close analisaysys, but oh well it was extreemly fun. (Although there were a few places where there were two many noises.

Balance: 4
Ok, I'm being really unfair about this because I'm not a great player, sadly I found it pretty tricky. I finally got it... but if you have no idea what you're doing , do it on easy.

Creativity: 5
Now, I haven't been searching for other things, but it seems very creative, and original. I might be wrong... but if so please corect me.

Map Design: 4
The map was very pretty, i was giving you a five, until i realized it looked like a random map that you messed around with. If not, oh well... but it seemed like it.

Story/Instructions: 4
Now, here's where it could be better. The story. If you put a bit of one in here, it would be fived!

Additional Comments:
WEll, its great, download.
Daftpanzer
File Author
If you see this peej, thankyou very much!

This was really just an experiment. As a scenario, it has a lot of problems and was way too hard the way i left it. But it wasnt a random map btw!

Anyway thanks for the review, now im going to play the risk crusader map by King Bob VI! ive been away for ages and didnt know he had actually finished and uploaded it.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0