Recent Updates

Utilities » Hero Worship

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Hero Worship

Author File Description
qaz123tfg
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c

Soon as you build a monk it will die and be replaced by a hero unit. Every civ has a different hero. Monasterys have more hitpoints. Because monks turn into heros, I have made monks cost more. Please let me know what you think of this mod. Have fun!
Thanks to BlackWatch for the 'dying unit creates a new unit' trick. :)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
oliver Just wanted to say that Blackwatch wasn't the first to use this trick. I believe it was first posted by Kevo in this thread back in May: http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,35592,,all
kimmy Well, do they turn into random heros? Or just the heros that came with the game, and then if they don't turn into random heros, for example, if you played the franks would you get joan of arc, la hir, or even charmelagne?
shadow gamer I just downloaded it and its great! cool mod!

[Edited on 09/28/05 @ 06:10 AM]

SoulThief
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Rating: 5
Excellent work - very creative to get heroes into the game. I kept asking how I could get heroes into single player, and no one thought it was possible without altering the default game exe.

This creative solution solves that problem and does exactly what it says.

What is also good is it is the monks that change to heroes, they are the most disposable unit arguably and it makes them the perfect canidate. Anyone else would be a problem.

Impressive work.

5 from me all the way.

Additional Comments:

I'd like to see the horeseback EL Cid instead of the rookie one spawn, But as soon as I figure out which unit ID it is I can just change the dead spanish monk unit number to the correct El Cid ID.

-

[Edited on 01/26/06 @ 05:20 AM]

steve Preston ok all good and great im new at this mod thing so tell me what i need to do exactly after i download it in order for the mod to work

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Statistics