Recent Updates

Utilities » AoK-TC Night Scenes

Download File Post Review Post Comment

AoK-TC Night Scenes

Author File Description
Berserker Jerker
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Creating the perfect night scene in AOK has been a challenge many designers have tried to recreate. "If only units could be seen through the fog of war" I've heard many say. Until now it has not been possible, and actually it still isn't without editing Data files. But I always like to find another solution, and after watching the cut-scene that is included in this utility, I think you'll agree it looks very effective.

Play the scenario from single player, or from the editor if you have Immobile Units AI in your AI folder. At the start there is an example of what is possible with this trick, then later there is a tutorial explaining how to achieve it. I won't try to explain how to do the tick here, frankly that would just be too difficult without showing the process.

It's only practical for Cut-scenes, and even then very difficult to achieve, but with enough dedication I'm sure you'll manage it.

Special thanks to all the guys and girls at DGDN for their help and inspiration, zyxomma100 for his "Slowing Units Down" utility, and Zanzard Lothar for Immobile Units AI used in this utility.

And before you ask, the characters in the cut-scene are from Sabato, and you might see it in Sabato Lives if I every get around to finishing it. Don’t ask when that will be finished, as I can’t answer that one. ;)

Enjoy. Berserker Jerker
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Nialo the Great Sounds good. I'm just trying it out now.
pepin yeah0 This is great BJ, but is very hard to redoing in a different scenario.

Very good work
Joan of Florida Very cool. I'll try it.
Rangar Brilliant BJ yet I happend to notice another trick in there as well......

How do you think of this stuff do you spend hours trying to work out a prob such as this?

[Edited on 10/16/05 @ 04:07 AM]

Nialo the Great Well it's worth trying out, it's quite a clever idea.
rwilde
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
This is another of BJ's utilities that introduces a revolutionary new trick. Night scenes using fog of war as the 'night' are explained, first giving a stunning cutscene that has men walking around in the 'night', which is quite stunning in itself, not just for the surprise effect but the classy execution and timing of the scene, and the beautiful map design of the small area. The trick is then explained in simple terms, with clarification on the subtle mechanics behind the use of flowers, as well as introducing Gaia units which can be used freely in cutscenes.

Again Berserker Jerker has taken some seemingly dispensable and thoroughly obscure bugs from the game and turned it into a wonderful new trick. Again, we thank you.

Rating: 5
ah_sam1 This one is a really good utilities but kinda hard to reproduce it on other scenario(i have tried it but can only make something like a oversized map revealer). Keep it on dude, we are waiting for another wonderful special ingame effect
KingElk
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Rating: 5
Instruction 5: Very well done. Nice to have step by steps to walk you through it, although i found myself having to read the lines quickly, as they changed quickly.

Usefulness 4.9: Currently, I am making a night cutscene myself (yes, I will include this in the credits). However, I find it hard to setup, even though the result is great. Also the fact that it can only make cutscenes is slightly dissapoing. On the bright side, AMAZING! Incredibly useful to make assassin scenes, etc. And, if someone wanted they could add cutscene to scenario (kind of hard).

Creativity 5: How did you come up with this? Very original cutscene example too. Never seen anything like this (nice use of Eyecandy too :).

Overall 5: Just generally a must download. It's inspiring too. Everything you think it will be, and maybe more. Did I mention it's a MUST DOWNLOAD for map editor users?

Additional Comments: This review is based on utilites. I find it not very helpful if someone posts a review based on a single player scenario for a util. I would like to add that the example for this is excellent, but not the point im guessing.
devagrawal09
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
AoK-TC Night Scenes is brought to us by Berserker Jerker which can be referred as "AoK Revolution". It is a completely new trick for designing night-time cut scenes.
Usefulness/Novelty: 5+
This scenario, which includes a cut-scene and a tutorial, is a completely new trick uploaded on AoK Heaven. It is highly useful for designing night time scenes, and is not very difficult to use. With a little spending and concentration, it can be designed easily.

Quality/Instructions: 5
I recently played Sabato's Holy Grail, and I was shocked to see units visible through the fog of war. Also, instructions given in this scenario were very easy to read, understand and follow. When I first saw this file, I thought it was a data file, or AI, or something other. But it was a scenario, very easy to follow.

Additional Comments:
Thanks to BJ, he always gives us such amazing scenarios and tricks.
Thank You.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0